Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Can you help/share the details?
With SysDef MacPro5,1 all seems to be working fine. H264/H265 4k export in both Final cut Pro X and Da Vinci Resolve are working nice. BUT on SysDef iMacPro1,1 the export hangs and the interface becomes very sluggish. It takes time to close those app and reboot.

I was testing using Bruce Project in FCPX exporting in Apple Devices 4k.
In Da Vinci R15 I was using the Master Export in ProRES 4444 XQ format that I got from FCPX. Here I exported in H264.
In both instances I had the aforementioned error.

Thanks for your help!!

Your system doesn't look to be X299....is it? If it isn't, you are posting in a forum where almost all of the posters here have X299 chips in their systems. If I were you and I had a 370 or 360 chipsets, which it looks like you have, I would be looking at @pastrychef postings.....he has a great thread focused on those chipsets and he's usually very responsive....

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Your system doesn't look to be X299....is it? If it isn't, you are posting in a forum where almost all of the posters here have X299 chips in their systems. If I were you and I had a 370 or 360 chipsets, which it looks like you have, I would be looking at @pastrychef postings.....he has a great thread focused on those chipsets and he's usually very responsive....
Now I'm somebody else.
I am what the letters say or I know in which thread I am?

Asus Prima X299-A
7-7820X
32GB 3200Mhz GSkill CL16
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB SE
Noctua NH-D15
Samsung 970Evo 1TB
Corsair TX850M

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Now I'm somebody else.
I am what the letters say or I know in which thread I am?

Asus Prima X299-A
7-7820X
32GB 3200Mhz GSkill CL16
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB SE
Noctua NH-D15
Samsung 970Evo 1TB
Corsair TX850M

Still it is NOT your system but a system that you are supposedly building for "somebody" else without even mentioning motivation and reason.. :rolleyes:

And though you received some valuable answers..

What else can we do for you?

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am asking questions to try and fix this system for a videographer friend of mine.
Since I helped him in the configuration and choose the RX 580 I'd like it to work.
I did receive some good answers. I'm just saying if I'm writing here it's because I'm configuring an X299 system and not a ZsomethingCore system.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am asking questions to try and fix this system for a videographer friend of mine.
Since I helped him in the configuration and choose the RX 580 I'd like it to work.
I did receive some good answers. I'm just saying if I'm writing here it's because I'm configuring an X299 system and not a ZsomethingCore system.

Well I guess I already answered your questions.. If somebody wants to add something.. fine with me.. although I don't know what else you want to hear.. :rolleyes:

Good luck,

KGP

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to hear...
why building such an amazing guide that in the end relies on a SMBIOS that only supports Vega and not the many many cards AMD and Apple developed for MacOS? I think there is no more optimised card for MacOS than a RX580.
Why didn't you experiment with a MacPro SMBIOS? Just as an info.
:thumbup: thanks for the amazing guide

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the feedback. I have 2 ultrawides now, along with a 24” calibrated color grading monitor and a projection system. I don’t see myself going back to non-ultrawides as I need to have shorter monitors so I can see over the top of them to the 12’ wide projection screen. I’d like higher resolution to have more screen space so I can see more on the monitor at once.

I had a chance to work on the 2 38" for about a week and actually really liking it. I put it up very close and now can see almost everything edge to edge from one monitor to another in my peripheral vision. And don't have to move my head too much.

Very cool and it's definitely not a gimmick.

I'll churn work out with these until 5k monitors become mainstream or see what Apple does in 2019 with a Mac Pro and actual displays (if they ever get back into the game).

I actually do like glass on displays, which makes the blacks blacker.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to hear...
why building such an amazing guide that in the end relies on a SMBIOS that only supports Vega and not the many many cards AMD and Apple developed for MacOS? I think there is no more optimised card for MacOS than a RX580.
Why didn't you experiment with a MacPro SMBIOS? Just as an info.
:thumbup: thanks for the amazing guide

The many AMD cards for OSX? This guide is about building your own iMac Pro. And an iMac Pro does not employ a RX 580, sorry.. if you want to build a mac pro (that does not support skylake-x) with a RX 580, you are definitely in the wrong thread.. ;)

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Hi KGP, I've been running my system almost flawlessly for a while (almost identical to yours except the Graphic card and the CPU) thanks to this huge work.

Though, for a few days, I fear my user session is "cursed": a kernel panic occurs within the first minute after opening, while I don't have any issue on a freshly created user session. My regular session Preference have been trashed and I have no login items any more.

My question are :
Am I posting at the right place?
Is this a place to share the KP log and get some help?

Thanks for your reply.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi KGP, I've been running my system almost flawlessly for a while (almost identical to yours except the Graphic card and the CPU) thanks to this huge work.

Though, for a few days, I fear my user session is "cursed": a kernel panic occurs within the first minute after opening, while I don't have any issue on a freshly created user session. My regular session Preference have been trashed and I have no login items any more.

My question are :
Am I posting at the right place?
Is this a place to share the KP log and get some help?

Thanks for your reply.

Are you sure that posting your KP log would really help? I am not really a friend of KP logs.. many times a KP log just says nothing.. and if you can‘t deduce anything from your KP log, why should I?

If the KP was due to some borked user setting wouldn‘t it be better to simply perform a clean install?

Else it could be caused by anything, e.g. also by some kext you added recently or by some BIOS setting you changed recently..

Do not really know how to help.. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.