Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. For all other x299 mainboards or at least for all x299 mainboards different from ASUS, you still have to perform the usual modifications/adaptations..

Sounds good :) didn’t know if you were going to allow motherboard specific modifications. I can see that getting messy though.

Sounds good :) didn’t know if you were going to allow motherboard specific modifications. I can see that getting messy though.

Yea.. this would go quite messy and mainly because of a few necessary modifications. Not even worth to think about, in my personal opinion.

And just to add to it even in Da Vinci Resolve export to to H264 fails.
So Basically any other Radeon than the RX Vega leads to failure to export to H264 / H265?
Is there anyone here that had setup this type of hardware:
X299 platform, through a different System Profile, such as Mac Pro definition?
Or anyone that had fixed the video exporting issue related to anything AMD other than Vega?
Otherwise this is a pretty restrictive implementation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Just for grins, I took some MXF files and threw them together into a makeshift timeline with the H.265 Master and Quicktime wrapper (in resolve 15) and they worked just fine.....and I have a Radeon Sapphire Nitro in my system right now....and I'm using the IMac Pro sys def in Clover....no issues.....

Just for grins, I took some MXF files and threw them together into a makeshift timeline with the H.265 Master and Quicktime wrapper (in resolve 15) and they worked just fine.....and I have a Radeon Sapphire Nitro in my system right now....and I'm using the IMac Pro sys def in Clover....no issues.....

Can you help/share the details?
With SysDef MacPro5,1 all seems to be working fine. H264/H265 4k export in both Final cut Pro X and Da Vinci Resolve are working nice. BUT on SysDef iMacPro1,1 the export hangs and the interface becomes very sluggish. It takes time to close those app and reboot.

I was testing using Bruce Project in FCPX exporting in Apple Devices 4k.
In Da Vinci R15 I was using the Master Export in ProRES 4444 XQ format that I got from FCPX. Here I exported in H264.
In both instances I had the aforementioned error.

Thanks for your help!!

Can you help/share the details?
With SysDef MacPro5,1 all seems to be working fine. H264/H265 4k export in both Final cut Pro X and Da Vinci Resolve are working nice. BUT on SysDef iMacPro1,1 the export hangs and the interface becomes very sluggish. It takes time to close those app and reboot.

I was testing using Bruce Project in FCPX exporting in Apple Devices 4k.
In Da Vinci R15 I was using the Master Export in ProRES 4444 XQ format that I got from FCPX. Here I exported in H264.
In both instances I had the aforementioned error.

Thanks for your help!!

Your system doesn't look to be X299....is it? If it isn't, you are posting in a forum where almost all of the posters here have X299 chips in their systems. If I were you and I had a 370 or 360 chipsets, which it looks like you have, I would be looking at @pastrychef postings.....he has a great thread focused on those chipsets and he's usually very responsive....

Your system doesn't look to be X299....is it? If it isn't, you are posting in a forum where almost all of the posters here have X299 chips in their systems. If I were you and I had a 370 or 360 chipsets, which it looks like you have, I would be looking at @pastrychef postings.....he has a great thread focused on those chipsets and he's usually very responsive....
Now I'm somebody else.
I am what the letters say or I know in which thread I am?

Asus Prima X299-A
7-7820X
32GB 3200Mhz GSkill CL16
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB SE
Noctua NH-D15
Samsung 970Evo 1TB
Corsair TX850M

Now I'm somebody else.
I am what the letters say or I know in which thread I am?

Asus Prima X299-A
7-7820X
32GB 3200Mhz GSkill CL16
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB SE
Noctua NH-D15
Samsung 970Evo 1TB
Corsair TX850M

Still it is NOT your system but a system that you are supposedly building for "somebody" else without even mentioning motivation and reason.. :rolleyes:

And though you received some valuable answers..

What else can we do for you?

I am asking questions to try and fix this system for a videographer friend of mine.
Since I helped him in the configuration and choose the RX 580 I'd like it to work.
I did receive some good answers. I'm just saying if I'm writing here it's because I'm configuring an X299 system and not a ZsomethingCore system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back