Contribute
Register

How to build Coffee Lake Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming with i7-8700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with AMD because I got tired of updating the drivers with every OS update as with my previous build. Post if you have any stability issues at 5.0 GHz.

What brand is your graphics card?
Gigabyte? Asus? Saphire?
Do you have dual monitors?
Thanks

Are you having video issues? I can use the DVI port on the Motherboard w/o issues but cannot get the HDMI port on the Z370-UG to output properly.

mthayer104; Have you been able to get onboard HDMI functional or did you not bother since you went dedicated?

i have same setup like you, but just using intel UHD. but my screen over than my monitor. :(

its any idea to solve it? thanks

I'm hoping you can help a newbie troubleshoot my installation.

I'm running the following:
i7 8700
Asus Z370-PLUS TUF GAMING
using CPU graphics
dual monitors ( about 1.2k x1k each)
240G SSD​

I think I followed your instructions but ...

The result is I boot to a very dark High Sierra screen but can't log in. No apparent response to mouse or keyboard and it sometimes blinks. The good news (I think) is that one of the monitors goes blank part way through the boot which implies to me that it went into dual monitor mode.

This is using the UEFI: Os(iMAC) entry in my boot list. That takes me to a 4449 Clover boot screen. If I select FileVault Prebooter or macOS from iMAC I get the very dark login screen.

If I boot to either of those using the install USB I can login but it's single screen.

Attached are some screen shots of the disk layout and a copy of the EFI directory. I enabled bootlegging but I never was able to find them.

There were a couple of items that I need confirmation on:
a) download the EFI folder and copy and paste it.
I did a paste with replace at this step rather than a merge​
b) place the contents of “Go Sys Lib Ext Folder” into the Extensions folder in the system library
I copied the one file in it to /Volumes/iMAC/System/Library/Extensions

Attachments

• boot_problem.zip
    21 MB · Views: 116
Updated to 10.13.4 but I have lost use of USB3 ports, apart from that working fine.
Did you get your USB3 working? If yes could I please have your EFI.
Cheers, Ralf

Did you get your USB3 working? If yes could I please have your EFI.
Cheers, Ralf
Here you go.
Just make sure you copy your serial number from you config.plist and overwrite mine. I should have done it but forgot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.9 MB · Views: 300
help me !!!! I have a configuration like yours different each ram.
I did a lot of things but failed and still got the error in the attachment. I tried to ram but still can not install

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    792.4 KB · Views: 318
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back