Contribute
Register

How-To Bluetooth 5.0 USB Dongle [guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be late to the party, but happy to hear you were able to get your bluetooth up-and-running.

I’m unable to verify at present, had you added MinVersion/MinDate entries as well?

Got myself a Laird BT852 last year which worked great on Big Sur - Lost it recently and upgraded to Monterey and I just brought the Hideez dongle. Does not work - but then it seems like that the dongle can't be detected in windows as well, I probably got a faulty one...

I have BT851-ND

Currently running macOS 12.5 with BrcmPatchRAM-2.6.3-RELEASE, kexts installed are:
BlueToolFixup
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmNonPatchRAM2
BrcmPatchRAM3

Bluetooth works on Magic Trackpad, Airpods, bluetooth earbuds and handoff.
Bluetooth DOESN'T work on Airdrop, use Apple Watch to unlock Mac.

Before macOS 12.5, I was running Catalina, had the same behavior. It's not perfect, but I am satisfied.
Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 11.11.32 AM.png

I have BT851-ND

Currently running macOS 12.5 with BrcmPatchRAM-2.6.3-RELEASE, kexts installed are:
BlueToolFixup
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmNonPatchRAM2
BrcmPatchRAM3

Bluetooth works on Magic Trackpad, Airpods, bluetooth earbuds and handoff.
Bluetooth DOESN'T work on Airdrop, use Apple Watch to unlock Mac.

Before macOS 12.5, I was running Catalina, had the same behavior. It's not perfect, but I am satisfied.View attachment 553303
remove:
BrcmNonPatchRAM2

remove:
BrcmNonPatchRAM2
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried removing BrcmNonPatchRAM2, the behavior is the same, but I will remove it for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried removing BrcmNonPatchRAM2, the behavior is the same, but I will remove it for sure.
airdrop can be a bit of hit and miss on non apple hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back