- Nov 18, 2009
- PRIME Z490-A
- i5 10600K
- Vega 56
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
How to Backup and Remove Chimera and any Related Files
If you've tested and made sure you can boot using Clover, prepare for OS X El Capitan by backing up and removing your existing bootloader and extra files. This is an optional step for UEFI users- Clover and Chimera can co-exist on most UEFI-capable systems by choosing UEFI or Legacy mode for the drive at boot time.
Before you begin, we strongly recommend performing a full backup of your existing system using Carbon Copy Cloner. By doing this, you can always go back to your working OS X Yosemite installation.
1. Boot OS X Yosemite
2. Create a folder on Desktop called Yosemite Files
3. Navigate to the root of your system drive
4. Drag /Extra folder into Yosemite Files
5. Delete /Extra folder
6. Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/
7. Copy any additional kexts installed by MultiBeast into Yosemite Files. These include:
8. Delete these kexts from /System/Library/Extensions or copy them to /Library/Extensions/.
With the drive now free of extra files, you are now ready to perform an installation of El Capitan directly over your existing Yosemite system drive using our default Installation Guide.
Last edited by a moderator: