Contribute
Register

how to automatically install the best nvidia webdriver version (high sierra laggy ui fix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170 PRO GAMING
CPU
Graphics
VEGA 56
hy,

so i ran into the famous stuttery ui on nvidia cards on high sierra and i found a rather nice fix that probably deservers its own thread so people with the same problem find it easier. the script downloads the best version depending on latest nvidia webdriver releases and your osx version.

fix
https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

full credit goes to benjamin dobell and now my gtx1070 runs just fine on 10.13.3

maybe its smart to uninstall the driver you have before you use the script

bye

I get at the end of the patching that errors:
Patching package...

Patched install requirements.

Patched extension.

Repackaging...

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/Info.plist: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceAIRPluginWeb: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/PkgInfo: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/metal_runtimeWeb.metallib: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Info.plist: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriverWeb: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclhWeb.dylib: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libCLVMNVPTXPluginWeb.dylib: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/NVPTXWeb.dylib: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/PkgInfo: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/cl_kernelWeb.nvptx64.fmath.pch: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/cl_kernelWeb.nvptx64.pch: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm2x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm3x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm5x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm6x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm7x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted

and more and more of that... and no driver is installed..
I must find a way to install a stable version of web drivers :(

I get at the end of the patching that errors:
Patching package...

Patched install requirements.

Patched extension.

Repackaging...

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/Info.plist: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceAIRPluginWeb: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/PkgInfo: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/metal_runtimeWeb.metallib: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle/Contents: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Info.plist: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriverWeb: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclhWeb.dylib: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libCLVMNVPTXPluginWeb.dylib: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/NVPTXWeb.dylib: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/PkgInfo: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/cl_kernelWeb.nvptx64.fmath.pch: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/cl_kernelWeb.nvptx64.pch: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm2x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm3x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm5x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm6x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources/runtimeWeb.nvptx.sm7x.bc: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/Resources: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle: Operation not permitted

rm: /Library/GPUBundles/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Operation not permitted

and more and more of that... and no driver is installed..
I must find a way to install a stable version of web drivers :(

Sip disabled? Have you uninstalled the old drivers and restarted? If its a yes yes maybe a clean install would be your best bet.

should I disabled sip just for installation and then return again?

Yes disable it and reboot once to see if the drivers work when sip is disabled. And also if you have a imac 17.1 or 18.1 definition apply the agdpfix before installation and copy the needed kexts to the clover/kext folder. Just read the 10.13.3 update instructions on this site.

If you get a black screen after enabling sip its a problem with sip because drivers work for me 100% without a problem with sip disabled

Yes disable it and reboot once to see if the drivers work when sip is disabled. And also if you have a imac 17.1 or 18.1 definition apply the agdpfix before installation and copy the needed kexts to the clover/kext folder. Just read the 10.13.3 update instructions on this site.

If you get a black screen after enabling sip its a problem with sip because drivers work for me 100% without a problem with sip disabled
I disabled sip 0X67, restarted. run the command on terminal and again error access diend

I succeeded !! I had to remove the folder on library of GPU GEFORCE.
and the driver is working !!! and no glitches !! :)
So now enable SIP?

I have it disabled, but yes. I got a black screen but this might was though to other unsupported kexts.

Good news is that the driver is working for you with a smooth ui :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back