Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I was successfully running Mojave for 2 years and smoothly updated to Catalina two days ago thanks to this community.
While still running Mojave, I've added 2 SSD drives to my preexisting 3 HDDs.
Immediately I've got this problem: after shutdown/reboot the system get stuck at BIOS at enter BIOS setup initial message.
Clover won't start, neither can I enter BIOS setup.
After I disconnect the SSDs, reboot without them - I get Clover and setup.
When I then shut down the system from Clover and reconnect the SSDs, I'm able both to boot OSX and enter BIOS.
Yet, each time I reboot or shutdown, I have to start this process allover again.

Any ideas?

Thanks and happy holidays.

Last edited:
SOLVED: Apparently, there are two "GSATA" ports on this board, which is some kind of Gigabyte's proprietary SATA standard. Avoid those and everything will be fine. It was the actual source of many HDD-related issues on my Hackintosh for years, because I had my system disk connected to one of those.
Now, I experience a substantial boost of system's performance :thumbup:
Cheers

SOLVED: Apparently, there are two "GSATA" ports on this board, which is some kind of Gigabyte's proprietary SATA standard. Avoid those and everything will be fine. It was the actual source of many HDD-related issues on my Hackintosh for years, because I had my system disk connected to one of those.
Now, I experience a substantial boost of system's performance :thumbup:
Cheers
Thanks for your useful information.

So the lesson is : Don't use SATA ports other than those directly supported from the motherboard chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back