Contribute
Register

How to activate auto shutdown and warning while on low battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion Touch Smart 14 n033tx (Clover)
CPU
Intel Haswell ULT Core i5 4200U / H8x/P8x
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 , Nvidia GeForce 7200n , 1366x786
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I have OS X El Capitan on my Haswell Ult and having problem on battery notifications. I want it to warn when it reaches 20% and starts warning on each 5% below 20%. Also how to activate auto shutdown while it reaches at 5% like we set on windows?
Thanks

Hi
I have OS X El Capitan on my Haswell Ult and having problem on battery notifications. I want it to warn when it reaches 20% and starts warning on each 5% below 20%.

You are asking for a feature that Apple has not implemented.

Also how to activate auto shutdown while it reaches at 5% like we set on windows?

Macs will automatically enter hibernation (S4 sleep, suspend to disk). But getting hibernation to work can be a challenge, so we generally disable it.

The work around is simple: Turn your laptop off when you're done with it, or plug it into a power supply.

So is there any app which can alert or make to shutdown? If you can suggest me...
Also I found this on an article that we should type this code in terminal
pmset -u haltlevel 10and this will make mac to shutdown when it reaches at 10% so will it do the same?
Thanks

So is there any app which can alert or make to shutdown? If you can suggest me...

I don't know of one (haven't looked).

pmset -u haltlevel 10and this will make mac to shutdown when it reaches at 10% so will it do the same?
Thanks

Never tested it. You can try.

pmset -u haltlevel 10 and this will make mac to shutdown when it reaches at 10% so will it do the same?
Thanks
No. That terminal command is for Uninterruptible Power Supplies attached to desktop systems and does not apply to laptops. Type "man pmset" at the terminal for more info.

Has any progress been made on this front? For example a utility which works in macOS High Sierra?

[EDIT]: testing SmartSleep by jinx.de (Patrick Stein) now. Not sure though if it actually auto-powers down or auto-sleeps at x% battery level.. I'll see

[EDIT2]: syscl's IOPowerManagement is even tailored for hackintoshes: https://github.com/syscl/IOPowerManagement
I'll see if it still works on 10.13.6

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back