Contribute
Register

How should i enable Radeon 7850 on Mavericks (new public release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works with IGPU primary and enabled, GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I'm happy enough :)
But if anyone has an idea how to boot with primary as 7850 without getting freezed with weird characters before chimera bootscreen, do not hesitate :)

do you mean you have 4 lines that are boot 0 then a bunch of garbled text? I had something like that happen to me before. I can't find the thread that had the answer to fix it now, but if you search you will find it. I remember having create a second partition on my main drive and it had to be FAT i think, then installing chameleon on that... i think. Try searching more and read through the other radeon 7xxx thread first

crain83, can you post a step by step on what you did for patching the kext? I'm kindda newbie and have the exactly same videocard.

Thank You

EDIT: [SOLVED]

I did this:

1. Open /S/L/E find AMD7000Controller.kext (and made a backup)
2. Right click and 'Show package contents'
3. Go to Contents
4. Copy Info.plist to your desktop
5. Edit Info.plist with text edit:
a ) Use find tool to find 0x68181002
b ) Replace 0x68181002 with 0x68191002
c ) Save file
6. Copy Info.plist back to kext content folder
7. Back in S/L/E find AMDRadeonX4000.kext (and made a backup)
8. Repeat steps 2-5.
9. Patch them with KextBeast

Based on this -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291134-maverick-109-mountain-lion-1083-radeon-hd7850/

It Works!! :D

Here's my plist:

ibvb.png

Attachments

• Edited Kexts.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 409
Will this work with my Gigabyte 7950 (Device ID: 0x679A1002)??

I'm not sure.

You can try. But I strongly recommend you to do a backup of your actual kext files first. In case of fail, you can boot on safe mode and restore them.

Ouch!

is the 7950 set as primary gpu?

I didn't put the 7950's ID on my kexts. But the method is the one above. If you can't locate the info.plist inside the kexts, you can use Invisiblix.

Good Luck!

PD: setting the 7950 as primary is the correct way. At least, in my case (with the 7850) is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back