Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi @trs96

Would like to check about my following case:
1. I have built a successful hack, which successfully connect to iCloud and AppStore by following the iMessage guide.
2. Recently, I do a fresh install and I connected to AppStore with it. Went smooth, (luckily) not connected yet to iCloud.
3. Not knowing what happened. the next day, my Apple ID was blocked, but I can reactivate the AppleID again.
4. I just realized when tweaking my config.plist, that the config.plist I put did not have any ROM since I did not tick the UseMacAddr0 in the config.plist.

If I put the ROM using MacAddr0 in my config.plist, will this make any problem?
I have not yet logged in to iCloud, just AppStore.

Thanks.
I created a secondary Apple ID that I only use for my many hackintoshes. This way there are never any problems with my primary Apple ID. Even then I go in and remove the configuration identities for the hacks that I no longer have.

Here's the best guide that explains how all of this works and what steps to take.

Last edited:
I have a lot of Apple products. That being both hardware, but perhaps more prominently, software. In particular, software purchased through the iOS and Mac App Stores, some of which cost a small fortune to buy.

I'm currently looking at building a Hackintosh for the first time. Following the iDiot's Guide to iMessage forum, you need to select the current Mac version that matches closest with your system's CPU. For me, that's an i3 8100. This matches nicely to an iMac 19,1 - otherwise known as the latest model 2019 Retina 4K iMac 21.5, a model that is obviously in production today.

Could this mean that Apple will assign the serial number generated for my config.plist in Clover Configurator to an actual 2019 iMac, causing conflict in Apple's cloud services and creating issues with my Apple ID?

Is it possible to use an outdated Mac model in the config.plist file to avoid this potential conflict, whilst maintaining reliable access to Apple's iCloud services, or is this concept a fallacy altogether?

Also, if I find a serial number that I'm happy with and seems to work reliably, can that config.plist be carried across if I were to fresh install MacOS for major software updates, as I typically do on my actual MacBook (assuming all system hardware remains the same)?

Final question, I'm going to be using a BCM94360CS2 WiFi card in my build, a card that's natively supported in MacOS. The guide referenced earlier only seems to suggest steps for Ethernet, how can this be carried across to WiFi?

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts and experiences with this. Thanks.

I'm using the same AppleID that I used with my my old Macs from more than a decade ago. I have quite a few apps purchased from the Mac App Store that I did not want to re-purchase. I've been hackintoshing since El Capitan (2015) and have never had any issues with my AppleID.

Using existing serial numbers from real Macs on a hack is not supported on this forum and mention of it may get you banned.

Once you've created a good working serial, board serial, and UUID for your system definition, you don't need to make any changes to it for any macOS updates.

The BCM94360CS2 won't affect your AppleID.

Using existing serial numbers from real Macs on a hack is not supported on this forum and mention of it may get you banned.

I've used my own real mac's serial number with my hack before. I stopped using it because it will only show real mac's SMBIOS info and not the generated correct SMBIOS for the hack. It also caused stability issues as well.

I have same Apple ID for one mac and couple hacks with no problem.

I created a secondary Apple ID that I only use for my many hackintoshes. This way there are never any problems with my primary Apple ID. Even then I go in and remove the configuration identities for the hacks that I no longer have.

Here's the best guide that explains how all of this works and what steps to take.

Thanks for the advise and the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back