Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there! A while back, I followed this guide on a Hackintosh made according to the August 2013 Buyers Guide (Mini-ITX). I've got my Mac OS X 10.8 working properly, but now I'd like to upgrade to 10.9.

I'm really curious what the general success rate is, and what I should be doing to prepare for problems. I'm guessing that I'll be able to do debugging using the 10.9 USB key? I'll have to reinstall the DSDT (Multibeast/DSDT-GA-H77N-WIFI-F2.aml in my case)?

Just a little anxious, that's all... any help it greatly appreciated!

Hi there! A while back, I followed this guide on a Hackintosh made according to the August 2013 Buyers Guide (Mini-ITX). I've got my Mac OS X 10.8 working properly, but now I'd like to upgrade to 10.9.

I'm really curious what the general success rate is, and what I should be doing to prepare for problems. I'm guessing that I'll be able to do debugging using the 10.9 USB key? I'll have to reinstall the DSDT (Multibeast/DSDT-GA-H77N-WIFI-F2.aml in my case)?

Just a little anxious, that's all... any help it greatly appreciated!

You should be OK. If in doubt, get a spare drive and install on it to test it out first.

I'm planning on just trying it, I can continue my work just fine on my laptop if something goes wrong. Still, I'm guessing that all my installed drivers should just stay right where they are, without me needing to put it all back after the update?

Basically just create a UniBeast installer with Mavericks and boot from it, install Mavericks over your ML installation, reboot and run the latest MultiBeast and you're done. Pretty easy really.

SuperDuper your hard drive to create a backup just in case something doesn't work.

Yeah. Standard practice for me, although I prefer Carbon Copy Cloner by far.

Basically just create a UniBeast installer with Mavericks and boot from it, install Mavericks over your ML installation, reboot and run the latest MultiBeast and you're done. Pretty easy really.

Thanks! Whether or not I'd have to re-run Multibeast was actually my main question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back