Contribute
Register

How necessary is 10.6.7 update and Multibeast???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > Need full model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Nvidia > Need model # > See Rules!
I am trying to set up my first hackintosh, and mine works fine when I install Snow Leopard, but I cannot get it to work once I update to 10.6.7 and run Multibeast.

Would it be that bad just to run just basic Snow Leopard?

Why do we need to update and run multibeast?

eryksd said:
I am trying to set up my first hackintosh, and mine works fine when I install Snow Leopard, but I cannot get it to work once I update to 10.6.7 and run Multibeast.

Would it be that bad just to run just basic Snow Leopard?

Why do we need to update and run multibeast?
Your graphics card requires at least upgrade to 10.6.6 to be supported and also the newest ATI drivers from the MacBook Pro update. The only thing extra that 10.6.7 will get you is the Apple app store.

Thanks Going Bald... I will be giving installing the update + multibeast another go today.

Nice! Got my hackintosh to work!!!

I got it to work by using EasyBeast instead of UserDSDT and the DSDT file for my BIOS.

What is the difference between EasyBeast and UserDSDT install?

less kexts and fixes needed for things on your board to work if you use the dsdt way

Hmm.. I couldn't get it to work using UserDSDT so I guess I'll have to add those kexts and everything. Trying to figure that out now for my setup.

My 1GB graphics card for example is showing up as only having 256 VRAM (total) under 'About this Mac'

installed the latest ati kexts from multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back