Contribute
Register

How much space does UniBeast use, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
i5 760
Graphics
GTX 470
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm installing Lion on my new 80GB SSD, and I'd like to reserve a partition for the installer. It says that UniBeast needs an 8GB drive, but it only appears to be using 4.6 GB of my 8GB SSD partition. Space on my SSD is limited, so I'd just as soon shrink the partition down to 5GB; is there any reason that the installer may need to use more space?

For the installer you need to keep it empty, as I just found out, it uses the extra room for temp during install.

I think they are trying to make this simple for not so technical people. As it uses 4.6GB, surely a 4GB usb drive would not fit. The next logical size would be 8GB. Instead of saying it need 5GB...people might be confused and trying to go buy 5GB usb....LOL...

I'm installing Lion on my new 80GB SSD, and I'd like to reserve a partition for the installer. It says that UniBeast needs an 8GB drive, but it only appears to be using 4.6 GB of my 8GB SSD partition. Space on my SSD is limited, so I'd just as soon shrink the partition down to 5GB; is there any reason that the installer may need to use more space?

Why? if the drive goes bad, you can't access the installer partition anyway. Why not just put the UniBeast USB in the back of the drawer and get another for daily use if needed? Save the space on your SSD for other files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back