Contribute
Register

How to migrate from Clover to Opencore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't tried my hand at a laptop yet, so can't really help out.
Did you read this?

After reading a bit, it is my understanding that I could setup my opencore based on my hardware on a USB thumb drive to boot it for my current Hackintosh setup. If everything goes well, then I can phase out everything on my EFI partition of the hard drive with the EFI partition on thumb drive.

Is that correct?

After reading a bit, it is my understanding that I could setup my opencore based on my hardware on a USB thumb drive to boot it for my current Hackintosh setup. If everything goes well, then I can phase out everything on my EFI partition of the hard drive with the EFI partition on thumb drive.

Is that correct?
yep :)

Im thinking to move from Clover to OC, I just gonna experiment. @dfritchie lets play some LoL or Valorant some day

Don't have Valorant, do play LoL sometimes - not all that good at it though! LOL!

Just noticed that there are OC references in the latest Clover commits. Are Clover users going to be "migrating" to OC anyway?

I've been thinking of migrating my EFI to OC. Anyone know if this would require me to change my serial number, (for software licensing reasons...)

I've been thinking of migrating my EFI to OC. Anyone know if this would require me to change my serial number, (for software licensing reasons...)

You can continue to use the same serial, board serial, and UUID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back