Contribute
Register

How to migrate from Clover to Opencore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I heard, non of the 390 boards have native RAM but could be mistaken. I have an Asus Z390-E.

NVRAM on Z390 is working now. Please see my Z390 build thread. Link is below in my signature.

keep sip enabled

By the way, I don't think SIP enablement is a feature of OC, mine is enabled and works fine.

If all the kext and drivers are installed in the /other clover folder as they should be, SIP works fine. SIP only breaks when kext and drivers are installed in the /extensions folder on the OS drive.

NVRAM on Z390 is working now. Please see my Z390 build thread. Link is below in my signature.

Hello Mr. Chef! Long time no talk. Do they work on all boards? I have an Asus you have a Gigabyte.

Edit: Never mind, I read post #4.

Hello Mr. Chef! Long time no talk. Do they work on all boards? I have an Asus you have a Gigabyte.

Yes. The awesome fellas from acidanthera figured it out. Please see my Z390 thread, posts #1, #2, and #4 for a bit more details.

Yes. The awesome fellas from acidanthera figured it out. Please see my Z390 thread, posts #1, #2, and #4 for a bit more details.

I agree, the guys are great. The fact that you are running OC gives me confidence to move ahead. I remember that native NVRAM was a show stopper for you, glad it was resolved.

I decided to use OC when Catalina public beta was first released, new OS new bootloader, why not?
Started with working clover install, then transfered serials and stuff to OC. This is what I have noticed:
Faster booting
More reliable kext injection
OS updates with out having to select correct volume each reboot
keep sip enabled
designed to work with file vault
can enable win 10 features in UEFI ( if you duel boot )

I'm in a struggle to migrate to OC, already until I get an efi that starts more slowly, I even tried to make an efi but without success if you can help me thank you. Thank you

I'm in a struggle to migrate to Openkore, already until I get an efi that starts more slowly, I even tried to make an efi but without success if you can help me thank you. Thank you
update your hardware profile as per rules:
1.jpg

Good night guys, I would like to know if anyone has an EFi OC. for acer aspire 3 A315-53-34Y4 thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back