Contribute
Register

How to migrate from Clover to Opencore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People

People keep saying smoother or better but can you be specific? What improvements have you experienced or heard about?
Having used clover for years...I voted opencore as the better bootloader. It does have a bit of a learning curve...if you read and experiment ...you will find it to your liking!

Just noticed that there are OC references in the latest Clover commits. Are Clover users going to be "migrating" to OC anyway?

Slice's CLOVER team has made progress and is now booting BS with CLOVER. It looks like their solution was to "borrow" OC's kext injection. Maybe all CLOVER users really will be "migrating" to OC anyway.

Slice's CLOVER team has made progress and is now booting BS with CLOVER. It looks like their solution was to "borrow" OC's kext injection. Maybe all CLOVER users really will be "migrating" to OC anyway.

Clover Team has been doing a lot of borrowing lately, it would make sense for them to join the OC team if the OC team would have them. There have been reports for a while that it will boot a "BS" transplanted drive but would not install "BS". Have they got Clover installing "BS" or just booting it?

Clover Team has been doing a lot of borrowing lately, it would make sense for them to join the OC team if the OC team would have them. There have been reports for a while that it will boot a "BS" transplanted drive but would not install "BS". Have they got Clover installing "BS" or just booting it?

CLOVER will be installing and running BS. I'm sure the CLOVER team is impressed with the OC team, but their pride won't let CLOVER die any time soon. The OC team should be very proud of their own amazing accomplishments. I'm a big fan of competition, so having a choice between CLOVER and OC is fine with me and I believe will be good for the hack community. The OC / CLOVER debate will continue through BS and beyond.

CLOVER will be installing and running BS. I'm sure the CLOVER team is impressed with the OC team, but their pride won't let CLOVER die any time soon. The OC team should be very proud of their own amazing accomplishments. I'm a big fan of competition, so having a choice between CLOVER and OC is fine with me and I believe will be good for the hack community. The OC / CLOVER debate will continue through BS and beyond.

Maybe you like competition but when your hacking and slashing and borrowing from everyone around you it is not really yours anymore. In addition, Acidanthera is not really checking compatibility with their kexts, with clover. In the past, they kind of worked side by side but now it is like Clover is the outlier and it is becoming a Hacked up bootloader. I guess I prefer to use stuff that is all made by the same people for the best compatibility. Like I definitely would have prefered my Sony TV had Apple TV software as opposed to it being an Android TV but that was just not an option. So my Sony TV is more like a Sony Monitor and I have disabled much of the TV built-in Smartness!

Good afternoon dear community.
I'm trying to start my Hackintosh with OpenCore, and something is missing or lacking, as it gets stuck in the Gigabyte Logo.
I already have my Hackintosh Mojave working with Clover, but I want to update.
My Components:
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1
Micro: Intel Core I3 3220
Memory: 2x4Gb HyperX 1600
Graphics: XFX Geforce GT240 1Gb
This setup is working fine with Clover, even though I'm wanting to troubleshoot Sleep and stuff.
Here is my folder (OC) Efi, in case someone can give me a hand.

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_191400.jpg
    IMG_20201109_191400.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
Hello, can i use opencore with dualboot on same ssd ?

Hello, can i use opencore with dualboot on same ssd ?
Yes.
EDIT: I use it with 10.9, 10.11 and 10.14 on the same drive. Things might be different for 10.15 and 11.0 due to their new partition scheme, so I can't tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back