Contribute
Register

How migrate from Clover to Opencore? (Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... okay, if I'm at the picker screen having booted on the USB, how can I add a boot argument? To do that, I have to be in Clover and use "Options." Do you mean to boot using Clover, adding "-v" to my Clover config.plist, and then booting to my USB (where I get stuck on the Apple logo), then returning to Clover and looking for a log somewhere? Also, the troubleshooting trees I find on GitHub say nothing about what to do if this happens... "stuck" is covered everywhere else but "at the Apple Logo after choosing a startup disk." Also, where are "logging options" from the Guide? Can't find them.

[Edit: Well, I thought I understood, and put the boot arguments in the USB's config.plist, but that did nothing. I guess you did mean to put them in Clover's config.plist, so I'll try that. But I still don't see any "logging options" anywhere, and don't know where to look for those after my next try.]
This would be entered in the config.plst editing step. If you look at the NVRAM section of this:

It shows where you enter the boot arguments, where you can add the -v. There were other logging options where you edit the Misc section of your config.plst, here:

I'd recommend debug=0x100 and keepsyms=1 as well to it freeze on panics and show more details in them.
As shown below? Same result. Goes to picker, and selecting any source (SSD, Recovery, Reset NVRAM) gives an Apple logo with no progress bar. Also no verbose listing of the attempt.
OC Boot args.jpg

Last edited:
As shown below? Same result. Goes to picker, and selecting any source (SSD, Recovery, Reset NVRAM) gives an Apple logo with no progress bar. Also no verbose listing of the attempt.
View attachment 498030
They are supposed to be space deliminated - with no commas. There also shouldn't be a / in front of them. It should look something like "-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1"

Tried it without commas first... same result. the "/" in front of "-v" comes up if I just type "-v." Can't do anything about that, but I'll eliminate the commas (again) and see if that helps. Thanks for helping!

Tried it without commas first... same result. the "/" in front of "-v" comes up if I just type "-v." Can't do anything about that, but I'll eliminate the commas (again) and see if that helps. Thanks for helping!
Sounds like an issue with opencore configurator tbh - I've never used it myself though. If your editing the config.plist directly with propertree or some other PLIST editor, you are able to just put in a "-v".

The "fix" was to manually delete the "/" and now I do have a listing from the attempt to boot the USB drive. It says there is no "info.plist" for Lilu. How the heck do I fix that?
Boot Failure of USB.jpg

Check that Info.plist does actually exist in that location
You may want to check that you didn't download the source code and drop that in, or download an incomplete version.

Okay, I re-downloaded Lilu.kext from OpenCore Configurator, updated the EFI folder and config.list, and now the selected SSD does boot from the OC USB drive. However, I just looked at XHC in IORegistryExplorer, and my USB SSDT-6-AMI.aml is no longer being applied to MacOS. Why does it work in Clover but not in OC?

ACPI patches only get applied to SSDTs and DSDT which were already there. If you inject an SSDT (or new DSDT), those injected ones will not have the patch applied. Double check that device names are correct and that you aren't running into ACPI errors (You can see ACPI errors with "log show --last boot | grep -i ACPI" in terminal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back