Votes: 639 52.0%

Votes: 237 19.3%

Votes: 45 3.7%
  • 5 or More

Votes: 17 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had two 28" 1080p monitors for a long time, but switched to a single 27" 4k monitor.

I got used to using a single monitor traveling and working with my Macbook Pro and decided that I could get just as much real estate with higher resolution.

Do you use multiple monitors? If so, how many? And would you recommend multiple displays or one large screen?
Personally I use 3, from left to right
Apple Cinema HD Display 23inch(Used for HD Movie watching + Extra screen for worksheets and such)
22.5inch Screen(Is farther away and I downsized the resolution so I can read it better, is only used for OBS when I use it, other than that, mainly used for IM'ing sites and such)
40inch Flatscreen 1080P HD display (Used for Gaming and such, is my Primary display)

lfFpFhI.jpg

I use one low power consumption Samsung SynMaster SA450 1920 x 1200 display on my daily driver 24/7 system (see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/n...m-2-xp941-booting-os-x-via-clover-xw1.156685/).

And I have a 50” VZIO 4K HDTV (Smart TV with built in internet connection ) set up as the second display for 3 workstations. This unit has 5 HDMI inputs so I also have a Apple TV and Blu-ray player attached.

I run Mavericks as my OS of choice. When I leave my desk, I usually power off the display(s) as I do not use “sleep” on my desktop systems.

Good modding,

neil

3 x 4K TV screens is the only way to go. Maximum pixels at minimal cost. I also have a 1080p screen attached for non-desk use.

Last edited:
I'm using 2 but I am looking at replacing them for my latest build. And I have been asking myself that very same question. Replace with 2 new or one 27inch Display. Still undecided.

Get one 27", and make it triple.

Anyone using a 21:9 Display ? I wonder how good text is readable on it.

Anyone knows a >=27" glare type IPS Display. Or at least with a less aggressive coating which do not have that crystal effect.

I use one monitor, even though I think multi screen support is implemented very well on macOS (dock and menu bar on every screen etc.). But I very much got used to only having one screen available. I really like to have more or less the "same" working conditions throughout all the different setups I am working with (15" MBP on its own, MBP connected to a 27" Thunderbolt Display and my beloved Hackintosh connected to a 27" display). This is also the reason why I chose the Apple Magic Keyboard (identical key arrangement) on both my "MBP connected to Thunderbolt Display" and "Hackintosh" working situations. For me it is all about consistency. Same shortcuts, same workflow, same speed, same window positions etc. no matter on which machine I am currently working. :) One very important piece of software for me is Many Tricks Moom. I use it on both machines with identical shortcuts and pre programmed snapshots for the different screen resolutions. For me personally, multi screen setups always seem to slow my workflow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back