Votes: 639 52.0%

Votes: 237 19.3%

Votes: 45 3.7%
  • 5 or More

Votes: 17 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this photo I use the bottom three for my computer stuff, the monitor on the top right can be alternated computer use or TV. This set up comes in handy for sports.

Attachments

• Monitors.jpg.jpeg
    Monitors.jpg.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 701
Often, I look at my 3 monitors and think, "Do I have too many screens?" and then I get into a workflow where I have a VM open fullscreen on one monitor, a video playing fullscreen on another, and my OS X windows open on the third, and I think, "Oh, that's why I have three screens."

how i can put widescreen wallpapers using 2 monitors?

When i use that only put in one of both not in two monitors. Any ideas¿?

Thanks in advance, sorry my english! ;)

App called Multiscape works for me.

I'm currently using 2 although im waiting for apples upcoming conference – There might be a 27" Retina Display previewed which I'd love to get my hands on.

I'm running a 20" Dell 2005FPW on the left and a 24" Dell U2412Mb on the right. I'd like to have two U2412Mb's instead, but I neither enough desk space for the proper eye-to-screen distance or money to fork over for one. The backlight/lcd quality is extremely noticeable between the two (awful on the 20" compared to the very good 24"). I got the 2005FPW for $35 at Goodwill with some broken plastic and a few dead pixels. Works for me.

The 20" is my non-graphical display, meaning I don't edit photos on it. Only web pages, iTunes, iMessage, Terminal, etc. I leave for the 24" for editing photos and primary use, because it's just so damn beautiful.

I used to use two 23" 1080p monitors with one horizontal (centered) and the other vertical (to the left). Recently switched to a single 27" 1440p as it works better with the refurbished MacBook Air I picked up (the Air's screen is more trouble than it's worth to use at the same time). While it's about 11% fewer pixels than the dual setup, I find the lack of a division makes it more flexible. If you go the single large monitor route, I'd suggest a window snap app. I went with BetterSnapTool as it was cheap and does what I need, but there are others.

I use 3 x 22" LG in 5960x1080 under Windows plus one 19" 1440x900 additional screen for temperature monitoring during SLI Surround gaming with two GTX 770 4 GB. In OS X of course they all run separate, but I use Multiscape to have a big desktop image on the three 22" screens.

Just two old 24" (1920x1200...what the heck is with all this "new" 1080 crap).
However, I'm counting the days until I pull the trigger on a new 32-40 inch 4K TV :)
TV maker Tcl (Chinese) is planning on releasing a 40" TV for around $500. At 4K resolution, that's about the same DPI as my current 24" setup :)
I might even go with a slightly smaller 32" Seiki monitor:

http://www.tekrevue.com/seiki-4k-monitors/

It would be a trade-off between higher DPI or a larger image.

I used 3 19" monitors for the longest time, through nvidia surround. I don't play games hardly ever but have mostly gotten into photography and video editing, so I replaced them with one 27" 1440p monitor, I kinda miss having multiple monitors, but the amount of screen real-estate I have with this one 27" is enough for me and the higher resolution is way better for working in photoshop, final cut, and even with logic pro, because you can see way more of what is going on at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back