Contribute
Register

How many displays are supported by the HD4600 graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I currently have a 3 monitor setup, but I will soon build another CustoMac using the current CustoMacMini suggestions, which include a HD4600 graphics solution. Will I be able to use all my three screens (each is 1920x1080/60Hz) at the same time in OS X? Has anyone tried it yet?

Thanks,
scurra

Really, no one knows? There must be tons of builds. Hasn't anyone tried multiple screens?

Okay, I decided to try myself. Sadly on the GA-Z87MX-D3H with Core i3 4330. I did connect HDMI, DVI and DisplayPort but only HDMI and DVI work at the same time. The mainboard manual however states that 3 displays at the same time are possible. I did not try it under Windows but maybe some else does have an idea. If not I will need another graphics card or have to sell one display... :thumbdown:

If I remember correctly .. 10.8.3 and above will not support onboard VGA port.
I used to use 3 Monitor with the HD4600 with an added NVidia 610 that has VGA, HDMI and DVI
Any 2 outputs would work on the 610 .. while the HD4600 only used HDMI and DVI out.

Will I be able to use all my three screens (each is 1920x1080/60Hz) at the same time in OS X? Has anyone tried it yet?
Yes, must use Azul/0D220003 framebuffer.
Details, see Native 8 Series HDMI Audio Graphics/1. HD4600, Post #1, Haswell HDMI Audio
Note: HD4600 native graphics capabilities are available with or without HDMI audio.
HDMI/1080p, DVI/1080p and DP/1440p with AirPlay Mirroring/1080p
Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 12.41.59 PM.png

If I remember correctly .. 10.8.3 and above will not support onboard VGA port.
I used to use 3 Monitor with the HD4600 with an added NVidia 610 that has VGA, HDMI and DVI
Any 2 outputs would work on the 610 .. while the HD4600 only used HDMI and DVI out.
I have a monitor hooked up using the VGA on my GeForce GT 640 and during installation used the onboard VGA for mavericks 10.9.2 although dvi and hdmi are recommended for easy compatiabity

#edit: i guess the framebuffer is just inverted... trying now.

Thanks for the suggestion. I read through your post and am quite sure that I understood what to do. I checked my port layout and found out I had to use graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-c-90_patch.command.zip (- c -). However the patch states that it will edit the framebuffer 03 00 22 0d and not the one you mentioned 0D220003. I am fairly new, so any hints how to change the patch for the correct framebuffer would be appreciated.

Are there any changes that need to be applied to the
SSDT file?

Okay, I followed the guide. Audio is working and I can select HDMI audio (although I did not test this). However, the problem persists: The screen on DP is not showing anything. I noticed in IOJones that AppleIntelFramebuffer@2, which is supposed to be DP, has a port-number of 0x0 which is probably wrong since it should be 0x7, right? 0x5 for HDMI, 0x6 for DVI and 0x7 for DP. I attached the IOJones file for someone to give me a hint.

Side note: This guy: http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/three-dell-u2713hm-monitors/ seemed to have the same problem and said he patched some file. Unfortunatly he did not tell how he did this.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IOJones.iojones
    609.3 KB · Views: 223
However the patch states that it will edit the framebuffer 03 00 22 0d and not the one you mentioned 0D220003

Are there any changes that need to be applied to the
SSDT file?
They are the same.
The patch references the value in the binary, 0x0300220D (hex)
The post references the Azul/0D220003 key, see New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera
No changes to ssdt.

Okay, then I seem to have done everything correctly. Please take a look at my post #8 which elaborates on the persisting problem.

Side note: I just tried Windows again with a different DP to HDMI cable. Same result. Can not get the DP screen to output things.

Side note #2: In MacOS when I shut down or power up the DP screen the other two screens flicker (same thing that happens when you hotplug a display), so there might be some kind of connection.

#edit: Don't bother. I gave up. I could not get this to work in windows and I doubt I can get this to work in Mac OS. I believe my problem lies with the connection DP -> HDMI oder DP -> DVI but since I do not have a DP screen I will settle for two screens for now. Thanks, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back