• 10.0 Cheetah

Votes: 233 17.3%
  • 10.9 Mavericks

Votes: 18 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since NeXTSTEP 0.8

Well, lets see...ProDos, ProDos16, OS4/OS5 (AppleIIgs), OS6/7/8/9.X (Macintosh). When I got a copy of OS X 10.0 free from Apple for myPowerMac G4 D/A my first impression was WOW! To this date, I am still impressed with OS X. On the Hackintosh side, obviously I started with good 'ol Tiger...on AMD 64 3200+ and a P4. However I had Mac OS running via VirtualPC for Windows 95 long before that, which was a joke. I also had bootable Windows 95 on my G4 via VirtualPC with NO Finder loading at all. Long live the Hack!!!!

Wow! Sure are a lot of people on here, who have been using since the beginning of OS X!

Panther here, with a 1st Gen iMac G5; just absolutely blew me away. Little did I know, it would not only be my first mac, but my last mac as well... When Apple announced the intel transition, I just knew the installation of OS X on a regular pc would be the way to go, especially in terms of price.

I first played with Tiger on a crappy old Dell Dimension 4600 in 2007, it of course ran like crap with tons of bugs and crashes. Probably didn't spend more than 5-6 hours in total messing with it. My first serious Hackintosh was in 2009 on an Asus Eee PC 900HA netbook that ran Leopard (amazingly enough, it worked extremely well as long as I was careful with the OS X updates). I got a used MacBook a few months later since I wanted more power, but I always kept an eye on the Hackintosh scene as I was using Macs. I currently have a G5-mod Ivy Bridge Hackintosh desktop to go along with my 11" MacBook Air. I also have a 15", 700MHz G4 iMac that I picked up for $20 a few months back that has Tiger and OS 9 installed on it.

Been using it since leopard on my old crappy sony laptop (nothing really worked :p). Got hooked since :)

I started with the OS X preview but I started using Macs back with Mac OS 6.0.1 (still have the floppies). I even used a Mac for some work back in 1985. I don't remember what OS version, just the single damn floppy and used MacWrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back