Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am planning on building a hackintosh some time soon (Anywhere from 1 week to 4 months). I originally posted a build that I was going to use, but it was not very upgradable. Because of this I decided to start from scratch on a new build. Here is the soon to be built build:

Processor: Intel Core i7 4770k
Motherboard: GA-Z87X-HD3
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 8gb
Hard Drive: Western Digital Black 500gb
Power Supply: Corsair CS Series 450W Modular
SSD: Sandisk Ready Cache 32gb
Case: Fractal Design Define R4
WiFi Adapter: TP-LINK TL-WN781ND
DvD Drive: ASUS DRW-24F1ST

- The Motherboard I am planning on using for this build (GA-Z87X-HD3) is not on the recommended list of motherboards on the July 2014 Buyer's Guide. Because of this I was wondering if it would still be good for hackintoshing.

- I currently do not have a video card for this build because I do not need one right now and will be able to get by with the integrated graphics at least for a while. I will most likely get a GeForce gtx 660 or 760 some time later.

- Any other suggestions you have feel free to tell me about.

Looks OK, other than WiFi card - not sure about support there - and Asus DVR - I never had good luck with Asus drives - shrill scraping noises when it checks for disk and interferes with sleep as it checks for disk every 5-10 minutes. Sent mine back for a Pioneer.

Any idea as to what would work for the WiFi card? My internet is not that good, so I don't need really fast speeds. Anything around the $25 range would be fine. I will also consider a different DvD drive.

Any idea as to what would work for the WiFi card? My internet is not that good, so I don't need really fast speeds. Anything around the $25 range would be fine. I will also consider a different DvD drive.

use the ones in the Buyer's Guide if available in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back