Contribute
Register

How is the 9800gt 512mb for Snow Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that the 9800gt is a safe choice and widely supported.. however wouldn't it be a wiser choice to buy a more recent card even if it's only for its resale value?

Also, the price difference between the 9800GT and the GTS250 is very small.

I'm on the market for one of these cards.. does what I just said makes sense or am I just confused?

Also, I've been told that XRX should be a great brand for nvidia cards, am I wrong?

jbl said:
I see that the 9800gt is a safe choice and widely supported.. however wouldn't it be a wiser choice to buy a more recent card even if it's only for its resale value?

I'm on the market for one of these cards.. does what I just said makes sense or am I just confused?

Also, I've been told that XRX should be a great brand for nvidia cards, am I wrong?

You're basically right about everything, and XFX, BFG, and EVGA are the better brand to look for for quality/warranty. PNY sells cheap, but there are quality issues, so watch out for that.

jbl said:

I just got this for $60 shipped from someone on http://www.overclock.net. (That's where I hang out). I figured it wasn't that bad of a deal. They only had it for a year. I'm just using it temporarily. I'm hoping the 5870 will be supported eventually.

Thanks for the help guys.

jimx86 said:
jbl said:

You're basically right about everything, and XFX, BFG, and EVGA are the better brand to look for for quality/warranty. PNY sells cheap, but there are quality issues, so watch out for that.

I believe BFG exited the graphics card business so you might want to steer clear of that brand. I've always had good luck with Gigabyte GPUs.

lol @ XRX..

thanks for advices on the brands..

There was that deal on the MSI GTS 250 on newegg.ca but its gone.. the price is still good but I might buy locally since I just sold my 3870. There's no going back... I think it's a good thing since I'll get back this 50-60$ investment (money from the 3870 + extra) once I sell my computer with that 1gb GTS 250..

I saw a cheap PNY but I think it will be a much better investment to spend a few more bucks to get a XFX or EVGA and not worry about a thing and being able to claim the brand name of the card once I sell this computer in the next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back