Contribute
Register

how install Open Core ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im using clover in my build, but I want to know or advice about change clover for OpenCore without not loosing data or reinstall the system.

Hi there,

For the OC experts, I've created a usb of OC and most things work but I noticed with Intel power gadget that it doesn't go to the cpu min of 800Mhz but has a floor of 1.30Ghz. Probably in a related issue sleep doesn't work. The monitor goes off but the system stays on. I've tried many different SSDT-Plug.aml but non have worked ioreg shows that plugin type=1 is there but something is wrong.
Thanks.

Question:

Does Opencore support dual boot? I.E. one disk OSX, another disk Windows, another Linux?

If not here, where is the best place to ask that question?

- OpenCore itself is EFI driver while Clover is built on top of EFI driver.
- Quicker bootup
- More stable than Clover
- Supports encrypted drive
- More modular than Clover
- OpenCore have Documentations support. There is no documentations for Clover so you're left to guess what the options does.
- WhateverGreen, Lilu, AppleALC and VirtualSMC are created by OpenCore devs so better support and compatibility.

OpenCore isn't for someone who is new in hackintosh world as OpenCore is still in beta stage, its very stable and OpenCore configurator isn't completed yet. If you are familiar with Clover settings then OpenCore shouldn't be too hard to configure as long as you use the basic OpenCore config.plist settings to begin with. You will need to use Xcode Editor or PlistEdit to edit config.plist.

Hi, I have the exact same model like yours is GA-Z97N-WiFi | i7 4790K | RX 570 Pulse 8GB. Can you share your workable OC EFI ?

The standard guide for OpenCore can be found in the link below. It's the only supported one and I can't speak highly of it enough. Honestly, it's incredible.

@TommyV, can you edit your first post to include this link to better help people looking for answers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back