Contribute
Register

how install Open Core ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pastrychef good point. I wonder if any of the 390's have NVRAM. I also wonder what the hell Apple actually uses for their no pro models.

Which card are you using? Im on the Asus EX3 using at TB2 to TB3 adapter for an Apollo interface. I've got the same System report but I did end up with this after some time. Hotplug works but sometimes I'll get a failed boot with the device on. Cold boot requires me to the whole unplug the power thing.

View attachment 431854

Based on all that I've read from vit9696, Fritz, and Pavo, I don't think any Z390 has working NVRAM. I've seen them suggest going with Z370 on several occasions.

I'm using a Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge. I figured it would probably work better with my Gigabyte Z390 M...

Yes, I see the Thunderbolt card in System Information > PCI. Even my 10GBase-T Thunderbolt adaptor appears under PCI. As far as I can tell, it's acting more like a PCI-e bridge than anything else.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 8.41.44 AM.png

I have never had problems with booting or rebooting with my Thunderbolt device connected.

@pastrychef ha! I see your logic. I've used your guides and comments a whole lot. Likely how I got up and running in the first place. Im going to move to the Rev 2 of my board and move up to the 9900k. Im sure I'll have questions for you by the end of the year.

@pastrychef

I'm now using your Z370 OpenCore config.plist as my reference. Thank you for sharing that.

I'm also following some OpenCore articles on how to install specifically this guide because it has more detailed explanations.

According to the guide ...

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.30.11 AM.png

From your shared config.plist, you have both the GFX0 to IGPU and HECI to IMEI enabled. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding the article. Should I enable it or not?

Also, according to the guide mentioned, WhateverGreen handles most of the common device renames. Does it include these renames that I have on my Clover config or I still have to manually include these renames?

• HDAS to HDEF
  • SAT0 to SATA
  • XHCI to XHC
  • XHC1 to XHC

@pastrychef

I'm now using your Z370 OpenCore config.plist as my reference. Thank you for sharing that.

I'm also following some OpenCore articles on how to install specifically this guide because it has more detailed explanations.

According to the guide ...

View attachment 431963

From your shared config.plist, you have both the GFX0 to IGPU and HECI to IMEI enabled. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding the article. Should I enable it or not?

Also, according to the guide mentioned, WhateverGreen handles most of the common device renames. Does it include these renames that I have on my Clover config or I still have to manually include these renames?

• HDAS to HDEF
  • SAT0 to SATA
  • XHCI to XHC
  • XHC1 to XHC

Their official stance is to use as few as few patches for renaming as possible. I know I have more renames than necessary, but it hasn't caused me any issues yet so I just left it.

Some of my renames are redundant and are already done by kexts such as AppleALC or WhateverGreen. However, I keep the renames to make life easier on myself if/when I need to disable those kexts. For example, some early adaptors of Radeon 5700 XT cards and macOS 10.15.1 beta testers are having some issues. with WhateverGreen. For me to disable WhateverGreen, I just have to make one change in config.plist and I'm done.

HDAS to HDEF is redundant. AppleALC already does the rename.
SAT0 to SATA can be done with SSDT.
XHCI/XHC1 to XHC can be done with an SSDT.

Again, officially, the devs of OpenCore prefer SSDT over using config.plist for renaming.

Their official stance is to use as few as few patches for renaming as possible. I know I have more renames than necessary, but it hasn't caused me any issues yet so I just left it.

Some of my renames are redundant and are already done by kexts such as AppleALC or WhateverGreen. However, I keep the renames to make life easier on myself if/when I need to disable those kexts. For example, some early adaptors of Radeon 5700 XT cards and macOS 10.15.1 beta testers are having some issues. with WhateverGreen. For me to disable WhateverGreen, I just have to make one change in config.plist and I'm done.

HDAS to HDEF is redundant. AppleALC already does the rename.
SAT0 to SATA can be done with SSDT.
XHCI/XHC1 to XHC can be done with an SSDT.

Again, officially, the devs of OpenCore prefer SSDT over using config.plist for renaming.

What name change did you use for the 5700 in place of WhateverGreen?

@hackmefrancis I've got a working OC EFI if you need something else to see as well.

What name change did you use for the 5700 in place of WhateverGreen?

@hackmefrancis I've got a working OC EFI if you need something else to see as well.

If you are having problems with 5700/5700 XT with WhateverGreen, you can disable WhateverGreen and do PEGP to GFX0 rename. This rename can also be done in SSDT.

In short, if people is asking the question how to install OpenCore, then it's pretty much it's not for you, unless you're asking for hassle and want to wear out your pc reboot button. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back