Contribute
Register

How install Mojave to B460 chipset with processor Comet Lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP TG 01-1037ur
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have Gigabyte B460M D3H with i7-10700. Need install MacOS Mojave for working. I can do it?

I have Gigabyte B460M D3H with i7-10700. Need install MacOS Mojave for working. I can do it?

The 10th generation Intel CPUs and the corresponding hardware are supported officially starting with MacOS Catalina 10.15.6. So I have no idea if you can install Mojave on it. In fact I have not heard any success stories trying to install Mojave on 10th generation Intel hardware. I am happy to be proven wrong however.

So unfortunately you may be on your own if you want to run Mojave on your system.

You might need to install it on an older machine and transplant the drive. I am not sure how much difference there is between Coffee lake and Comet Lake. I thought I read some stuff that said it was new architecture on the 14nm processing node. People have been having some issues with the z490 chipset not being as easy to work with as z170 - z390. However, they have begun to work out the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back