Contribute
Register

How I get My GTX 980 Worked on 1440p! ( It's a Solution not a Question )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97I Gaming AC
CPU
Intel i7-4790k
Graphics
MSI GTX 980
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Guys,

This is my second time getting Hackintosh in my build.
my first build was with AMD 7970...
but this build is with 980.
My Build:
CPU: Intel i7-4790k
MB: MSI Z97I AC Gaming
GPU: MSI GTX 980 Gaming G4
RAM:Kingstone HyperX Fury (2x8GB) 2133Mhz
SSD:Sandisk Ultra II 240GB
HDD:WD 2 TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 3TB
PSU: Corsair AX 860
Keyboadr: Logitech G110
Mouse: Logitech G700s
Headset: Logitech G930

Of course I fellow Tony's Guid in everything.... and my MB BIOS settings and drivers were in a link in the Installation guid.

I found a problem in entering the setup after unibeast screen.
I had to do "nv_disable=1" so I can proceed to setup my hackintosh, I found it very laggy and it get me nervous ... just until I finish the setup and installed Multibeast drivers ( I didn't find all of the options but I installed what I found ).
The Ethernet was working before I installed the driver but I installed it anyway, everything was fine EXCEPT the graphics ...
My monitor is 1440p Resolution ( 2k ) and I've searched in Preferences and the highest Res. I found was 1080p.
I've tried to go to "Extra" File and edit the chameleon note by adding:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32@60</string>

and in the "com.apple.Boot.plist" I added:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>

I don't know which of them is worked but I've restarted many times and the Resolution was the same ( I didn't know I have to change it in Preferences until I went there and tried :D ), then after many time I went to the Preferences and found 2560x1440 was in options, and of course I Installed nVIDIA web driver and select it from nVIDIA preferences as default driver.

The results was bad ... I mean VERY bad .. it was blur and I hate it actually ( it was the same results as I tried "SwitchResX app" )
1080p was better...

SO HERE IS WHAT I DID:

I was connecting my 980 to the monitor via HDMI. I just added an adapter in my HDMI cable and plug it in DVI OUTPUT in my 980 NOT IN THE MONITOR.
and Vuala !
The Resolution is just as great as it should be!

I just wanted to help people in this forum as they helped me ( I was searching in google my issues and the solution was in people's replays in this forum and not writing a thread with any little issue I had :D )

I hope it helps you guys ... c y

Switching from HDMI to DVI coming from my gtx 970 worked for me too. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back