Contribute
Register

How do you get Pascal sensors to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using gtx 1060 OC, apci/cpu/lpc sensors are work fine, but gpu sensor does not work!
If I put gpusensor.kext to clover/kexts/others, it will boot failure, and stuck on apple logo screen, if I remove gpu sensor, everything is fine, any idea?

Test with HWSensor.6.25.1426.
Dual GPU enabled, HD620 & GFX 1060
Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 11.52.44 PM.png

are you using the FakeSMC.kext that came with the package? or are you using an older version of FakeSMC?

this is the version I'm using

and one more thing? why do you need to have IGFX enabled? set your nVidia as primary graphic adapter in bios and disable Intel Graphic and see how it works.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 7.54.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 7.54.52 PM.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
I have got the GPU sensors perfect running !
Deleted all fakeSMC and other SMC kexts from Library/Extensions.
Next copied the latest HW sensor app, and put all the SMC kexts in
EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12/ folder.

After reboot all GPU sensors where perfect !
Maybay it works for you to ?

Check provided screenshot, so you can check all thats left in EFI location..

Attachments

• Voorbeeld.png
    Voorbeeld.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 606
are you using the FakeSMC.kext that came with the package? or are you using an older version of FakeSMC?

this is the version I'm using

and one more thing? why do you need to have IGFX enabled? set your nVidia as primary graphic adapter in bios and disable Intel Graphic and see how it works.
Hm, I think if task is light, then it will covered by IGFX, if task is heavy, it will powered by discrete GFX.

Also unable to get the GPU sensors to work with a Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming. Tried putting the latest FakeSMC.kext and hardware sensors in /Library/Extensions, /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12, and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other after removing the existing FakeSMC.kext (and sensor kexts) from /Library/Extensions. I also tried the "Plugin" solution and using the latest FakeSMC without the GPUSensor at all. The only time my system will boot is if i put my older version of FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions. If I don't have it there, the system will sit on the boot screen with the progress bar slowly going up, then it just goes to a black screen. I then need to boot into single user mode in order to restore the original files.

Last edited:
Also unable to get the GPU sensors to work with a Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming. Tried putting the latest FakeSMC.kext and hardware sensors in /Library/Extensions, /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12, and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other after removing the existing FakeSMC.kext (and sensor kexts) from /Library/Extensions. I also tried the "Plugin" solution and using the latest FakeSMC without the GPUSensor at all. The only time my system will boot is if i put my older version of FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions. If I don't have it there, the system will sit on the boot screen with the progress bar slowly going up, then it just goes to a black screen. I then need to boot into single user mode in order to restore the original files.

Same problem here with my MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

Make sure you're running the correct version of clover: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-for-kext-injection-in-macos-10-12-4.218062/

It sounds suspiciously like your kexts aren't being injected

Hm, I think if task is light, then it will covered by IGFX, if task is heavy, it will powered by discrete GFX.

Automatic graphics switching isn't supported on hacks, there's no differing use of graphics cards based on load like you see on MacBooks. It's KINDA possible to use both, but the general rule is that it will use whatever graphics card the display is connected to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back