- Feb 20, 2017
- Asus ROG Maximus V Gene
- i7-3770K @ 4.6Ghz [Corsair H80i v2 cooler]
- Nvidia GTX680 x2[SLI]
- Mobile Phone
- You need to check your MoBO SPECS from Asus Site and find out what drivers (kexts in Mac term) are for LAN, Audio etc Multibeast has to install. [Example if ASUS says LAN (Ethernet ) is Intel xxxxx, then in Multibeast go to the Drivers>Network section>Intel and then choose . I have found "IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0 " listed there better but you may choose the one that may say AppleIntel......" and if of not satisfied, later switch to IntelMausi....]
- Until you install successfully "Clover bootloader in UEFI mode from M Beast and and install the proper System Definitions (imac14.2 preferred) make required choices in config.plist the System disk installation is NOT complete. You need to keep booting through your USB installer which is well equipped with all Booting files to pass them on to System Disk from Clover Boot Manager screen and and standby the system disk to assist if needed until the Sierra System disk (HDD) safely reaches the Desktop.
- Multibeast, unfortunately, does not have the Nvidia Graphics Kext for your GFX card. I have given you the Link to get that. Read from Tonymac Graphics section of the Forum about the use of any Downloaded Webdriver . If you encounter issue explain it in detail here to get the help. Always supplement text with images for clarification.
- To edit the config.plist you need to get access to the CLOVER folder inside your Sierra System Disk
- CLOVER folder is inside its parent Folder named EFI
- EFI folder is in a special "Partition" inside the Sierra System Disk called "EFI partition" ( just like the file structure inside the Sierra USB Installer Disk)
- You cannot find the EFI partition from the System disk that was mounted when you ran MB to install Clover on the System Disk because you rebooted and made the EFI partition to get 'unmounted' (= cleared from the desktop)
- Therefore you need to 're-mount' the EFI Partition on the desktop and then using Mouse clicks navigate to its containing EFI Folder >CLOVER>config. plist file+ other important FOLDERs containing vital files for booting safely and passing control to OS kernel.
- In summary here is the pathway you have to navigate> EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist kext folder 10.12 or Other (folder) for Sierra kexts ( most importantly Fakesmc.kext and somewhat important file IntelMausiEthernet) and drivers64UEFI folder (contents very important for the disk to reach from BIOS screen to Clover Boot Manager screen(aka Clover boot screen)
- To mount the EFI and edit config.plist download and install and launch Clover Configurator -Vibrant edition from : http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/changelog-version-4-33-0. If you need help about CC-V use, ask in the Forum
- If any of the above are not clear , please ask questions clearly,. Good luck
1. I have checked for my motherboards specs and the asus site is a bit useless as it does not give specifics to the drivers needed --> https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_V_GENE/specifications/
- I have tried various multibeast configurations and they all seem to successfully install, although the clover boot still does not allow me to boot from the ssd
- Could you perhaps show me which MultiBeast options to pick for my mobo as I have tried multiple times which has lead me to reinstalling the entire OS 3 times </3 [will attach my config for MBeast. in the image provided you can see my resolution is at 720p instead of 1080p]
- Drivers I have tested: --> tonymac WebDriver and the Nvidia driver straight from the site
4 I am currently using the MacOS on my desktop as is because I do not have another desktop (stupid mistake), if you do have any time to perhaps have a teamviewer session that would be amazing , if not its cool your help is appriciated in any case
5. Is it possible for you to edit my config.plist as I do not want to fudge my one up with a silly mistake.
6. Im not sure if its weird but when ever I install Sierra and boot into the os, it already has an ethernet driver which works well ?
Apologies for the late response, I fell asleep last night after installing the os so many times.
MUltiBeast Config that keeps failing:
Display setting default:
Display setting scaled(it simply does not want to change it resets back to default:
NOTE: I tried uploading images directly the seemed to fail
Thanks a mill @cmn699