Contribute
Register

How do I use a boot flag like "-x" with Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-A/USB3.1
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I boot from the USB stick, once the Clover boot loader comes up, I don't see any place to type the boot flag like I do with Chimera.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Len

When I boot from the USB stick, once the Clover boot loader comes up, I don't see any place to type the boot flag like I do with Chimera.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Len

Once you get to the Clover screen, you can do one of two things:
(1) Hit spacebar and select one of the options for booting OS X (safe, verbose, no cache, etc); or
(2) Select Options and add '-x' under 'Boot Args'.

Good Luck,
-bth

Once you get to the Clover screen, you can do one of two things:
(1) Hit spacebar and select one of the options for booting OS X (safe, verbose, no cache, etc); or
(2) Select Options and add '-x' under 'Boot Args'.

Good Luck,
-bth

OK, I did that, but I still can't make it to the install screen.
It loads the bar to about 40%, then switches to the next screen, where the beach ball starts spinning and that is it. I have to reboot.

In Chimera, when I add the boot flag -x it would solve that issue and get me to the install screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Len

OK, I did that, but I still can't make it to the install screen.
It loads the bar to about 40%, then switches to the next screen, where the beach ball starts spinning and that is it. I have to reboot.

In Chimera, when I add the boot flag -x it would solve that issue and get me to the install screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Len

Boot in verbose mode (-v or select it from Clover Options) and see where it hangs up.

-bth

I know this is a old post but I was looking for info on this an found that if you select the osx install icon and press space it gives you a bunch of options like booting in safe mode.

I know this is a old post but I was looking for info on this an found that if you select the osx install icon and press space it gives you a bunch of options like booting in safe mode.
I was looking for that info too. Thanks!

Yeah me too. Never too late to lend a helping hand. Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back