Contribute
Register

How do I update AppleIntelE1000e to v2.5.4c?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ungodly
CPU
4960X
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I did the SU from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 and lost networking. I tried multibeast but I seen a note that I may need version 2.5.4c

How do I update?

TIA

I see that it is the right version, I have Kext Wizard but I get this error message.

Refusing new kext com.insanelmac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e, 2.5.4; Already have prelinked v2.4.14

I see that it is the right version, I have Kext Wizard but I get this error message.

Refusing new kext com.insanelmac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e, 2.5.4; Already have prelinked v2.4.14

That is normal before reboot. After reboot, you should have 2.5.4.

The network is still not working, it is a gigabyte up4 with Intel networking iirc I was using this driver

The network is still not working, it is a gigabyte up4 with Intel networking iirc I was using this driver

Did you verify that it is loading?

Also, watch out for multiple copies of it being installed. Maybe Multibeast installs it to IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns (I haven't looked as I build my own and install it manually). If you find it there, remove it (as you now have one directly in /S/L/E), then repair permissions & rebuild cache.

Verified that 2.5.4c is running
removed from plugins
repair perm and cache done
rebooted

networking is still not working

Verified that 2.5.4c is running
removed from plugins
repair perm and cache done
rebooted

networking is still not working

Have you tried a fresh install? Maybe there is something else broken about your networking kexts (rollback or other patch done prior).

Have you checked ioreg to see that the driver is attached to the device? Have you looked at system.log for any related error messages.

I am running this kext on my ML 10.8.5, Intel DH67GD, Intel 82579V and it is working.

Same problem here, ethernet disappeared since 10.8.5 with AppleIntelE1000e (version 2.5.4d here). And yes, unfortunately, the kext is loaded and used.

Remove npci from my boot options solves the problem !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back