Contribute
Register

How do i safely install Windows after setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo U410 i7
CPU
i7-3537U
Graphics
HD 4000
Hi, first of all i do apologise if this has been asked already. However i urgently need help, as i need to install windows (if its possible) on my hack for work purposes. My setup is quite old but it has been very reliable and does the job for me. It is also still stuck on 10.12.6 due to the nvidia driver issues (setup list below). Is it possible for me to safely install windows(setup dual drive) without messing up my setup?

Thanks.
  • Z97X UD7 TH mobo (LGA 1150)
  • i7 4790K
  • H60 CPU cooler
  • Ballistix Elite 16gb
  • Corsair AX 760 power supply
  • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
  • Samsung 850 pro 512gb (Mac drive)
  • WD black 3tb (Storage)

Hi, first of all i do apologise if this has been asked already. However i urgently need help, as i need to install windows (if its possible) on my hack for work purposes. My setup is quite old but it has been very reliable and does the job for me. It is also still stuck on 10.12.6 due to the nvidia driver issues (setup list below). Is it possible for me to safely install windows(setup dual drive) without messing up my setup?

Thanks.
  • Z97X UD7 TH mobo (LGA 1150)
  • i7 4790K
  • H60 CPU cooler
  • Ballistix Elite 16gb
  • Corsair AX 760 power supply
  • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
  • Samsung 850 pro 512gb (Mac drive)
  • WD black 3tb (Storage)

Hi there.

Yes, it is. Check out @Going Bald 's guide.

Basically, for safety, disconnect the Samsung 850 Pro (Mac) SSD so that nothing can get written to it during the process. The details are in the guide. How you decide to boot into each OS is your choice. I, personally, use the BIOS boot selector instead of Clover/OpenCore etc.

Good luck :thumbup:

Hi there.

Yes, it is. Check out @Going Bald 's guide.

Basically, for safety, disconnect the Samsung 850 Pro SSD so that nothing can get written to it during the process. The details are in the guide. How you decide to boot into each OS is your choice. I, personally, use the BIOS boot selector insted of Clover/OpenCore etc.

Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks you so much mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back