Gigabyte H310M
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone.
I have an ASUS 456, i7 6500u (skylake) & Intel HD520 with High Sierra.
All the parts that should work are working, even things that "shouldn't" work like VGA.

The only thing still puzzling me is the short battery life. I read on Rehabman's guide that if I have Skylake then PM just works natively and I shouldn't do anything further. However my battery drains pretty quickly. As I write this, the % moved from 93 to 91. I know this happens a lot with non-Apple laptops since the batteries are nowhere as good, but is there something else I've missed to do? If so, what would the steps be for proper PM on this specific laptop?
(note: I also disabled the nvidia card from DSDT/SSDT).

The other question on the title. Which is the proper system definition for this model? I use MBP13,1 since it's also Skylake, but I found out 11,1 is slightly faster to boot. Although this might be important for proper PM so I included it on the same topic. Which would be your choice?

Hi everyone.
I have an ASUS 456, i7 6500u (skylake) & Intel HD520 with High Sierra.
All the parts that should work are working, even things that "shouldn't" work like VGA.

The only thing still puzzling me is the short battery life. I read on Rehabman's guide that if I have Skylake then PM just works natively and I shouldn't do anything further. However my battery drains pretty quickly. As I write this, the % moved from 93 to 91. I know this happens a lot with non-Apple laptops since the batteries are nowhere as good, but is there something else I've missed to do? If so, what would the steps be for proper PM on this specific laptop?
(note: I also disabled the nvidia card from DSDT/SSDT).

The other question on the title. Which is the proper system definition for this model? I use MBP13,1 since it's also Skylake, but I found out 11,1 is slightly faster to boot. Although this might be important for proper PM so I included it on the same topic. Which would be your choice?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, screen resolution is missing from your profile... Please fix as per FAQ.

Last edited:
Update.
I double checked my DSDT, and I hadn't properly disabled nvidia. Battery use is more reasonable now, still a lot (especially compared to Windows running on the same machine) but at least I don't have to plug AC all the time when watching series. Also followed Rehabman's guide, not much to do for a Skylake, so I guess that's just where it stands at the moment for this computer. Might swap the battery for a new one but I don't think it will help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back