Contribute
Register

How do i know if my MB is UEFI or DSDT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL 0T287N Inspiron 545S Intel G33 Express Socket
CPU
2x Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz
Graphics
Intel Integrated GMA 3100
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi i know i'm going to sound very noob ( which i am) but i have a Dell Inspiron-545s 0T287N i'm currently running linux OS Luna beta 2 but I would like to change it to mac OS X Mountain lion and i need to know if my MB is a DSDT or EUFI how do i go about finding that out? I've tried searching google but i kept getting sites that sells MB's.......... PLEASE HELP !!!!

THANKS BUT those links aren't really helping me much, all I would like to know is if my motherboard is UEFI or DSDT so i would know if it can take the mac OS X, i've read that most time the os x doesn't work so i'm going to buy a Graphic card............

The answer to your question is that it is neither !

You do not appear to know the difference between a BIOS and a DSDT, that's why Mate94 provided you with information links to explain what a UEFI is and what a DSDT is

Your motherboard is based on older tech so will not have UEFI BIOS however it will have a traditional DOS style menu driven BIOS

I do not know whether your motherboard is supported, it looks like it might be? but beware that VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work.

Also, if your LAN is not based on a Realtek, Atheros or Intel then you will struggle to get it working and will need to look away from this site to locate supported kext so you will need to research your motherboard specs before taking the plunge.

if you want to install OS X on your PC then will need a compatible graphics card (see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/365-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-june-2013.html )

After installing OS X via UniBeast then you should use the EasyBeast Install Method in MultiBeast. If this works then you won't need a DSDT

UPDATE:

your Motherboard chipset is Intel G33

your Audio is Realtek (Realtek ALC888 HD Audio, ALC662 HD Audio)

your LAN is Realtek (Realtek RTL81XX PCI-E Network Connection
)

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-545s#tntSelect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back