Contribute
Register

How do I hackintosh on a Gigabyte ga-q77m-d2h with a quad-core Intel Xeon and an Nvidia GT710?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H
CPU
E3-1240
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Gigabyte ga-q77m-d2h motherboard with a 4-core Intel Xeon and a nvidia gt710 graphics card, I would like to know if it is compatible with mojave and if in the future I can update to catalina / bigsur also I want to know how to make it work handoff especially airdrop; I have also read that some solid state drives are not compatible with mac os, which SSD would be compatible with macOS?

I have a Gigabyte ga-q77m-d2h motherboard with a 4-core Intel Xeon and a nvidia gt710 graphics card, I would like to know if it is compatible with mojave and if in the future I can update to catalina / bigsur also I want to know how to make it work handoff especially airdrop; I have also read that some solid state drives are not compatible with mac os, which SSD would be compatible with macOS?

Your system should be compatible with MacOS Mojave and also Catalina and Big Sur.

AirDrop requires WiFi support which means if you want this functionality you will have to get a MacOS compatible WiFi card. Any WiFi hardware included with your motherboard is not supported.

I have used Plextor and Kingston M.2 NVMe SSDs with MacOS Mojave and Catalina and they work fine.

Last edited:
What card could you install for airdrop and handoff to work?

Another thing, what video card could I put that works with MacOS and that allows me to edit videos in 1440p in Final Cut Pro

Another thing, what video card could I put that works with MacOS and that allows me to edit videos in 1440p in Final Cut Pro
Anything that is supported by macOS and better than a GT 710. AMD cards work the best with FCP X but are rather high priced right now.

Your system should be compatible with MacOS Mojave and also Catalina and Big Sur.

AirDrop requires WiFi support which means you want this functionality you will have to get a MacOS compatible WiFi card. Any WiFi hardware included with your motherboard is not supported.

I have used Plextor and Kingston M.2 NVMe SSDs with MacOS Mojave and Catalina and they work fine.
Regarding the ssd I have a Crucial NVMe CT500P2SSD8 500GB Will it work? I have read that it is better to have samsung brand NVMe on macOS

A 4gb RX550 works on macOS?
Anything that is supported by macOS and better than a GT 710. AMD cards work the best with FCP X but are rather high priced right now.

A 4gb RX550 works on macOS?
No, they are not supported, save for some special RX 550s which use the same chip as a RX 560. As it is difficult to ascertain, my own recommendation is to avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back