Contribute
Register

How do I get HDMI audio to work with HD 5770?

Status
Not open for further replies.
intamara said:
Darthnite said:
Now I get lots of things about vmnet and then it pauses at
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-State power management not initialized

When did this happen? After, you reinstalled MultiBeast or you used iboot.
This happened after I deleted the folder Extra and then i rebooted launched Mac from iboot. Then i got those errors.

Darthnite said:
This happened after I deleted the folder Extra and then i rebooted launched Mac from iboot. Then i got those errors.

Did you try to boot by typing -x ?

Edit: (added)

If you decide to reinstall the OS, I would recommend you to choose between ALC892 and HDMI audio. If you prefer ALC892, you should use ALC8xxxHDA + rollback AppleHDA.kext but you can't get HDMI audio. If you want HDMI audio, you should use the latest AppleHDA.kext and don't install ALC8xxHDA and fix dsdt for using GFX0 & HDAU only.

intamara said:
Did you try to boot by typing -x ?

Edit: (added)

If you decide to reinstall the OS, I would recommend you to choose between ALC892 and HDMI audio. If you prefer ALC892, you should use ALC8xxxHDA + rollback AppleHDA.kext but you can't get HDMI audio. If you want HDMI audio, you should use the latest AppleHDA.kext and don't install ALC8xxHDA and fix dsdt for using GFX0 & HDAU only.
I get the same error i got before.
Edit: is this file useful? http://www.mediafire.com/?u6kbrqbyy3d1k38

Darthnite said:

Sorry for answering late. I have no idea how to fix this problem. When I wanted to use on other system, I removed /Extra and used cdboot for booting the new system and then reinstalled boot and /Extra.

Let's go this way.
Did you have Time Machine? Use iboot to boot the retail DVD and go to Utilities menu and (if you had set Time Machine) there will be restore option at the bottom and then following steps.

intamara said:
Darthnite said:

Sorry for answering late. I have no idea how to fix this problem. When I wanted to use on other system, I removed /Extra and used cdboot for booting the new system and then reinstalled boot and /Extra.

Let's go this way.
Did you have Time Machine? Use iboot to boot the retail DVD and go to Utilities menu and (if you had set Time Machine) there will be restore option at the bottom and then following steps.
I do not have time machine. How do i do the cdboot steps?

Darthnite said:
I do not have time machine. How do i do the cdboot steps?

http://www.mediafire.com/?6kwzt5hb90jm28a

Could you try my cdboot? It works the same as iboot. I've made it for my socket 755 CPUs and Gigabyte mother boards so I have no idea what you need in "Kernel Flags" for you CPU. But, you can try this cdboot to boot your OS X partition. This boot is based on Kabyl's branch.

I set
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1</string>
in cdboot's com.apple.Boot.plist.

intamara said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6kwzt5hb90jm28a

Could you try my cdboot? It works the same as iboot. I've made it for my socket 755 CPUs and Gigabyte mother boards so I have no idea what you need in "Kernel Flags" for you CPU. But, you can try this cdboot to boot your OS X partition. This boot is based on Kabyl's branch.

I set
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1</string>
in cdboot's com.apple.Boot.plist.
I tried this but i get
Boot Cache: hit rate below threshold (5391 hits on 10783 lockups)
EDIT: I just reinstalled SL and update using combo pack 10.6.5 wen i was finished installing. After that i get a kernel panic about IOUSBfamily and some other things that are similar.

Darthnite said:
EDIT: I just reinstalled SL and update using combo pack 10.6.5 wen i was finished installing. After that i get a kernel panic about IOUSBfamily and some other things that are similar.

I think you may reinstall again and when you update to combo 10.6.5, don't restart, install MultiBeast -->select USB roll back, repair permissions, rebuild kextcaches and then restart. Maybe you should install ATY_Init.kext and Chameleon boot instead of Kabyl's boot.

I'd recommend using the 10.6.6 Combo update. Don't reboot, but run MultiBeast then reboot.

Upon re-entering Mac OS X, use the Disk Utilities to repair permissions.

intamara said:
Darthnite said:

I think you may reinstall again and when you update to combo 10.6.5, don't restart, install MultiBeast -->select USB roll back, repair permissions, rebuild kextcaches and then restart. Maybe you should install ATY_Init.kext and Chameleon boot instead of Kabyl's boot.
Sorry for the late reply, can I install the 10.6.6 combo update without updating to 10.6.5?
I keep getting an error when i am installing Snow Leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back