ASUS x299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900x
Graphics
GIGABYTE RX 580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey folks,

So I'm trying to figure out how to get airplay working on my hackintosh.

Here are my specs:

ML 10.8.5
Intel 4770K
Z87x-UD3H
GTX 760 2gb

What I've tried so far:

1. Under system definition Mac Pro 3,1 I tried to turn on integrated graphics in the BIOS. It caused me getting stuck at the Apple logo during boot.

2. I turned the Integrated Graphics back to OFF, then I went and changed my system definition to an iMac 13,2. No crash until I turned ON integrated graphics again in the BIOS. Same thing, stuck at Apple logo screen.

3. Right now, I'm still on the iMac 13,2 system definition but can't get Airplay mirroring to work. I have it on iTunes. And I can send audio to my Apple TV 2. But that's about it.

Anyone have any ideas? Solutions? Thank you

P.S. I realize my mac specs are closer to the iMac 14,2 - but the definitions for those are only in the Multibeast for Mavericks. Is it worth the effort to install that via multi beast even if it's for Mavericks? Can I even technically do that?

So I've figured it out.

The issue that it was getting stuck in the Apple logo was because of IGPEnabler.

So to get in all the way to OS X, set IGPEnabler=Yes during boot. I had my monitor plugged in to the HD4600 during this process. Then I went and plugged it in to the GTX 760 and everything works. Including airplay.

So I guess if I leave my monitor plugged in to the GTX 760, then I will always have to deal with a blank screen until OS X boots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back