Contribute
Register

How do i find out which Config.plist my system is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make a UniBeast installer, install and restore your Time Machine backup.

where to install the unibeast? and unibeast installer on a seperate thumb drive right?

Nevermind, i think i will try to install everything new, you think thats possible at the moment? I dont need the data i realized since i have it backed up on my other drive.

Hey are you there? @P1LGRIM I made it to the Desktop. Can you maybe help me find the error now?
I didnt update yet to Catalina. I made a Catalina Bootable drive and when i put it in my system it let me boot into clover again from where i selected to boot from the system SSD.

Now i have the following problem:
1. Without the stick it still boots into Bios but with the stick i get into my desktop as always.
2. Second problem is that whe i turn the system off it wont turn off.

Now i have the following problem:
1. Without the stick it still boots into Bios but with the stick i get into my desktop as always.
2. Second problem is that whe i turn the system off it wont turn off.

1. Replace the /EFI folder on the EFI partition of your SSD with the one from the EFI partition of the USB.
2. Add EmuVariableUEFI.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

Thanks :) I can now boot again without the stick, but the second problem still exists.

I got it solved with the FixShutdown fix in my config.plist :) Now i still have 2 questions for the future.

1. Is there a way to experiment with the Efi Folder without ruining the one on my SSD?
2. If i want to backup the Efi folder i can just drag and drop it onto a usb drive right?

Now i still have 2 questions for the future.

1. Is there a way to experiment with the Efi Folder without ruining the one on my SSD?
2. If i want to backup the Efi folder i can just drag and drop it onto a usb drive right?

1. Boot with your 'experimental' /EFI on a flash drive.
2. Yes. Also each time that you update/reinstall Clover a copy of your entire /EFI folder is saved to the system disk in /EFI-Backups.

Good to know thank you, anything else i should always backup besides the EFI folder of my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back