Contribute
Register

How do i find out which Config.plist my system is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just checked my backup drive and it shows me these kexts in *Backupdrive*/Library/Extensions:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 43
i just checked my backup drive and it shows me these kexts in *Backupdrive*/Library/Extensions:
Most of those are system kexts.
If you had them on your system drive then you may be ok without any on the USB.

Look on your backup disk for /EFI-Backups, in there you may find a copy of your config.plist.
If you have /EFI-Backups then you will have a complete copy of your /EFI folder there, you can just copy that to the EFI partition of the USB.

Last edited:
no luck in efi backups unfortunately

still boots into bios whit thumb drive connected or am i missing a key i need to press at start? I m using a Asus Z390 Motherboard

still boots into bios whit thumb drive connected or am i missing a key i need to press at start? I m using a Asus Z390 Motherboard
After power on press your boot menu key (usually f12 but YMMV) then select the EFI partition of the USB.

Ok i could get get into Boot menu via F8 but when i choose any of the drives it goes straight to the BIOS:(

Ok i could get get into Boot menu via F8 but when i choose any of the drives it goes straight to the BIOS:(
No more ideas.
Restore your backup.

how would you restore? if i cant get into the system

how would you restore? if i cant get into the system
This is the very reason that we make backups.
There really is very little point in backing up if you have no means to restore.
What were you planning to do if a hard drive failed ?

I extra did 2 full system backups before changing the files. I just wanted to update to Catalina and as in the guide explained i made one with carboncopycloner and an extra one with timemachine for safte if that helps?

both are on seperate external SSD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back