Contribute
Register

How do i find out which Config.plist my system is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only things i remeber doing were the following:
-find out which .plist my mac is using with turning on/off verbose mode
-change the SMBIOS to iMac Pro because i read the Jpg preview problem can get solved with thath change and it did
-install lilu, whatevergreen kexts

Even if i just install clover on my friends mac without starting it? them drag it onto my thumb drive
It is an installer package.
Just dragging it to the flash drive will just give you a copy of the installer not a functional Clover.

You have to download the installer :
Clover_r5118.pkg

Run it and select the flash drive as the target - Most important.
If you install it to your friend's hard drive (instead of the USB) you can brick his Mac.

Last edited:
ok, if i run it on my friends mac and select MY drive should i be safe? Because i m afraid i m ruining my friends mac now

When i run clover installer it says i can only install it on the OS i m using currently so not on the thumb drives, any suggestions what to do now?

It worked now, for whatever reason:) Whats should i do now? Thanks so far:)

It worked now, for whatever reason:) Whats should i do now? Thanks so far:)

Edit : Will I ever learn? :crazy:

If you now have a USB drive with Clover installed, go back to your machine and insert it. When your machine boots use the function-key that lets you select which drive to boot. Select the UEFI version of your USB drive.

At Clover, probably select Safe Mode, then your existing drive.

:)

Last edited:
Download kexts FakeSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen and any others that you might need then place them in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

so first kext downloads or instert the drive and try booting without them? kinda confused

You can't boot a hack without FakeSMC.kext (or VirtualSMC.kext alternatively).

Much depends on if you had them installed to /Library/Extensions on your system disk though, to be sure you should put them on your USB.

You may need to edit your config.plist too, Clover will make an attempt without but it may not be good enough.

Ok so first install the kexts and change the Config.plist on my friends Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back