Contribute
Register

How do i find out which Config.plist my system is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z390
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
When i created my hackintosh several months ago i did two efi folder for whatever reason. I see two folders when i mount my drive on Cloverconfigurator. Now i dont know which config.plist the right one is unfortunately, is there a safe way to check that?

Change the verbose flag on/off.

what does that do if you dont mind me askin? But thanks so far :)

what does that do if you dont mind me askin?

Are you serious ?

It changes whether you boot in verbose mode or not.
So, if you are booting normally and you change the config.plist to boot in verbose mode and the boot does indeed change to verbose mode then you know that that config.plist is being used for the boot.

Alternatively you could change the Clover theme but that involves more work.

Ok sounds good thank you :) Also, i just opened both config.plists and one has nothing inside the SMBIOS but the other one does, would that mean that the system is using the one thats not empty? Also i changed the SMBIOS entry on the other one that had something but that didnt change my stystems name when i click one the top left on the apple logo, is that normal?

what does that do if you dont mind me askin? But thanks so far :)

EDIT: Sorry, typing too slow again! :crazy:

Hi there.

If you change one of the config.plist boot flags to be the opposite of what it is now - say to verbose "on" - when the boot proceeds it will either be the one you changed - and as in my example you'll get a screen-full of text during boot - or you won't. This will tell you which config.plist and hence which EFI is being used :thumbup:

Thanks so far, do you mind helping me pleassee:) I m not a pro, but i see in my boot args, that i have listet -v in the config.plist, how do i change that to the opposite?

I m not a pro
Booting in verbose mode is not a 'pro' function, in fact it is one of the most basic skills.
I find it difficult to understand how you have been a member for more than a year and yet you still do not know this.

To disable verbose mode you should delete the -v boot flag in your config.plist.

I havent been active since i made my hackintosh, so i barely remember all those words i used back then when i made my hackintosh, but thanks a bunch hope it works:)

Help, for whatever reason mx mac is noe stuck in a loop where it automatically enters into bios setting during start, wh3n i exit it boots into bio again Only thing i change were the smbio to iMac Pro because of preview problems and installing lilu and whatevergreen kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back