Contribute
Register

How do I disable Intel HD graphics in favor of Nvidia Discrete Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I do a LOT of rendering in FCPX on both my CustoMac and my genuine iMac 27" with Radeon graphics..

My customac has a 980ti and it renders video VERY slow compared to my iMac. I read on a thread that FCPX might be favoring the power of the integrated Intel HD graphics from the 4690k CPU instead of the Nvidia card.

My BIOS does not have an option for disabling integrated graphics. Is this easily possible via Clover?

Thank you!

My BIOS does not have an option for disabling integrated graphics. Is this easily possible via Clover?
BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
BIOS > Settings > Advanced > Integrated Graphics Configuration > Initiate Graphic Adapter [PEG]
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel and no ig-platform-id

BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
BIOS > Settings > Advanced > Integrated Graphics Configuration > Initiate Graphic Adapter [PEG]
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel and no ig-platform-id

Thanks. Last night I removed the "inject intel" and I set the BIOS to PEG (there is no "disable integrated graphics" option in the MSI BIOS) but I still think FCPX is using the Intel to render because the BruceX test is still taking 50 seconds to complete. I'll double check the plist and removev the ig-platform-id when I get home today.

Okay ig-platform-id isn't in config.plist so I guess it just takes that long for my 980 ti.. others have reported 30 seconds for BruceX benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back