Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm currently running my hackintosh as an iMac but this is not supported by Nvidia's web driver. How can I change my system definition to some sort of Mac Pro? I've tried simply using multibeast and also clover configurator which I haven't been so successful in understanding so maybe I'm just doing it wrong. One issue I'm running into with clover configurator is that before I mount my EFI it says no config.plist found. But when I mount the EFI anyways I can easily find the config.plist where it should be. Another thing I tried was using flat package editor to change the distributor script in the web driver to recognize my iMac. However it just said Javascript error so idk what I did wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently running my hackintosh as an iMac but this is not supported by Nvidia's web driver. How can I change my system definition to some sort of Mac Pro? I've tried simply using multibeast and also clover configurator which I haven't been so successful in understanding so maybe I'm just doing it wrong. One issue I'm running into with clover configurator is that before I mount my EFI it says no config.plist found. But when I mount the EFI anyways I can easily find the config.plist where it should be. Another thing I tried was using flat package editor to change the distributor script in the web driver to recognize my iMac. However it just said Javascript error so idk what I did wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Really?? I must be special then...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 2.24.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 2.24.11 PM.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 460
I know that once the driver is installed it can run on almost any mac including iMac. But the most recent web drivers if not all of them check system definitions before they run to make sure its a Mac Pro.proof.jpgThis is where I tried to edit it to recognize my iMac by entering my system definition but I only got a javascript error.

I know that once the driver is installed it can run on almost any mac including iMac. But the most recent web drivers if not all of them check system definitions before they run to make sure its a Mac Pro.This is where I tried to edit it to recognize my iMac by entering my system definition but I only got a javascript error.
No, they don't.

Incompatible OSX version vs Nvidia driver version.

Hint: The Nvidia drivers check the build number, so even though yours says 10.10.3, the build number is different from the driver version you're trying to install.

The latest version of the drivers is: 346.01.02f04

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/85588/en-us

I'd use nv_disable=1 to boot, install any Yosemite updates first and then install the above drivers.

Incompatible OSX version vs Nvidia driver version.

Hint: The Nvidia drivers check the build number, so even though yours says 10.10.3, the build number is different from the driver version you're trying to install.

The latest version of the drivers is: 346.01.02f04

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/85588/en-us

I'd use nv_disable=1 to boot, install any Yosemite updates first and then install the above drivers.

So I updated everything which were just a couple software things not any operating system updates. Still I'm getting the same error message. The error says the computer is not supported, there is even a separate error message if you're operating system doesnt match and I'm not getting that message. The problem is definitely something to do with my system definition. I have found articles that back this up that you must install on a Mac Pro because of the checks it does, however there are ways to bypass this. I just need my original question answered.

Your "About My Mac" shows that the system is recognizing your onboard graphics, and not your GPU.

Chances are, your BIOS settings or something else is wonky, making OS X think there's no GPU installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back