Contribute
Register

How do I change Graphics Config installed by MultiBeast on failed boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOARD: GA-Z170-HD3- DDR3
CPU: i5-6400
GPU: Intel HD (onboard)

After successful boot to El Capitan desktop, I went through the simplest MultiBeast configs - audio, networking and graphics before first reboot.

Using the motherboard drivers disc, I explored it for the identities of the above components to make sure I was installing for the correct hardware. Unfortunately, the on-board Intel graphics does not identify anything other than 'Intel HD', but the MultiBeast offered 3 options for Intel HD:

HD 4600
HD 3000
HD 530

I thought process of elimination was best, thinking I could change the choice if not correct, so I chose HD 3000.

On reboot it throws up the panic "potential fifo overflow in gfx" and then keeps rebooting.

I guess I need to disable and remove the graphics installed by MultiBeast, but I don't know how if I can't boot to desktop.

It won't boot to UniBeast on USB either now so how do I get back in to edit?

BOARD: GA-Z170-HD3- DDR3
CPU: i5-6400
GPU: Intel HD (onboard)

After successful boot to El Capitan desktop, I went through the simplest MultiBeast configs - audio, networking and graphics before first reboot.

Using the motherboard drivers disc, I explored it for the identities of the above components to make sure I was installing for the correct hardware. Unfortunately, the on-board Intel graphics does not identify anything other than 'Intel HD', but the MultiBeast offered 3 options for Intel HD:

HD 4600
HD 3000
HD 530

I thought process of elimination was best, thinking I could change the choice if not correct, so I chose HD 3000.

On reboot it throws up the panic "potential fifo overflow in gfx" and then keeps rebooting.

I guess I need to disable and remove the graphics installed by MultiBeast, but I don't know how if I can't boot to desktop.

It won't boot to UniBeast on USB either now so how do I get back in to edit?

I'm having the same problem too. But according to Intel, both your CPU and mine (6700K) are using Intel HD Graphics 530. Gonna try that, if I can boot in :)

I couldn't get into it at all, only my second attempt at Hackintosh.

I ended up completely erasing the partition on the boot drive and reinstalling from scratch. This time I used the HD 530 kext and it booted.

The network card is showing as Realtek 8111.

However, I can't get a device to show in the system for an audio CODEC using either of the Realtek ALC887 options so more research needed there.

It won't wake from sleep either - well the fans spin up but the screen doen't come back on (HDMI output) - so more research on that one!

The biggest fear is loading the wrong kexts from desktop and then ending up with a kernel panic I can't undo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back