Contribute
Register

How do I boot into macos without having the USB stick attached? (dual boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B250m-D3H
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
KFA² GTX 1070 EX
hello, I have a perfectly working macos on my pc, next to win10 on another hard drive. How can I boot into macos without having the USB stick attached and boot into macos through the clover gui on the usb? I hope my question is valid somehow. When I try to boot into the hdd with macos on it, win10 boots so I basically ran out of options.

Moved to Multi Booting.
The 'sticky' guides in this forum may help you.

hello, I have a perfectly working macos on my pc, next to win10 on another hard drive. How can I boot into macos without having the USB stick attached and boot into macos through the clover gui on the usb? I hope my question is valid somehow. When I try to boot into the hdd with macos on it, win10 boots so I basically ran out of options.
Two things to check - did you install a boot loader on the Mac OS drive? If the Windows drive is disconnected and only the Mac OS drive is connected will it boot to Mac OS?
If answer to above is no, install boot loader to Mac OS drive, boot to UEFI and set the Mac OS drive as first in BBS boot order.
If answer to above is yes, boot to UEFI and set the Mac OS drive as first in BBS boot order.

Two things to check - did you install a boot loader on the Mac OS drive? If the Windows drive is disconnected and only the Mac OS drive is connected will it boot to Mac OS?
If answer to above is no, install boot loader to Mac OS drive, boot to UEFI and set the Mac OS drive as first in BBS boot order.
If answer to above is yes, boot to UEFI and set the Mac OS drive as first in BBS boot order.

I mounted the EFI partition but there only was an APPLE folder and no CLOVER folder, even after I installed Clover 2.4. I then copied the Clover bootloader files from my USB stick to the EFI partition and put my order so that the macos drive would boot first. It now though boots into the windows recovery (even though my windows drive is fine)
how do i install the clover bootloader properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back