i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 & RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
How compatible are most apps with big sure atm ? what is your experience?

I tried with a bunch of apps. Some work, some don't. For example, my entire Adobe suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator) is working like a charm. Autodesk products installed fine, but won't launch. Some apps like Sublime Text installed without a problem, but others like App Cleaner and Uninstaller Pro complained about non-compatibility with Big Sur.

To be fair, there are more apps that are working than those that aren't.

Last edited:
CCC, Little Snitch and Beyond Compare are not working.

I can confirm that Vmware Fusion as well as Audio Highjack are also not compatible with Big Sur

The list is growing.

I like tinkering with Big Sur but there is no way that it will become my daily workhorse soon.

X-Plane 11.50 RC1 performs very well under Big Sur with overall better framerates than under Catalina.

Greetings henties

Last edited:
Hi, I recently came across this list of working and non-working apps in Big Sur, over on the MacRumors forum. I think it's been compiled for real - i.e. non-hackintosh - macs, but should still apply to our machines:

Does apple TV now work with latest beta?

Updated to the latest Beta. Installed like a charm. Working and feeling more and more solid now. This is my first OS with OC and feels more solid than any of my previous Clover based hacks where at least one thing or the other wouldn't work. But with Big Sur everything is working right out of the box! I would already have made it my primary working system had it not been for the fact that a couple of my Autodesk products aren't working yet.

View attachment 485193
PS: The Big Sur boot disc did get renamed to Preboot like last time. Need to install/uninstall the Intel utility again to fix it.

Does apple TV now work with latest beta?

I am not subscribed to Apple TV, but it seems to be working. I mean, I can play the trailers and all without any problems.

Update: I signed up for a trial and can confirm that the actual movies aren't playing yet. I just get a black screen.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I am not subscribed to Apple TV, but it seems to be working. I mean, I can play the trailers and all without any problems.

Update: I signed up for a trial and can confirm that the actual movies aren't playing yet. I just get a black screen.

Thank you for the reply. Does Big Sur has any advantages over Mojave function wise ?
Is there any reason to not stay on Mojave ?

Last edited:
Thk you for the reply. Does Big Sur has any advantages over Mojave function wise ?
Is there any reason to not stay on Mojave ?
Only you can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back