Contribute
Register

How can I share a HDD between windows and mac os?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming wifi
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there! I've installed mac os x high sierra and windows 10 on two seperate ssd's. I'd like to be able to share one 4tb hdd between the two of them, preferable through a partition. What's the best and most logical way to go about this? I've tried just partitioning the hdd, one on mac os journaled and one on exfat. didn't work...

Hopefully somebody can help me out :D

Hello there! I've installed mac os x high sierra and windows 10 on two seperate ssd's. I'd like to be able to share one 4tb hdd between the two of them, preferable through a partition. What's the best and most logical way to go about this? I've tried just partitioning the hdd, one on mac os journaled and one on exfat. didn't work...

I have a dual boot system and the Mac uses the Windows NTFS disks normally BUT only reads from them so you can't save work through the Mac. To solve this issue I installed Tuxera NTSF software on the Mac and now the disks can be used without restriction.

Hope this helps.

Do you wish for both Win10 and Mac OS to be able to read/write to the same partition or do you want to keep the storage areas for each OS separate? What size are the files you are storing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back