Contribute
Register

How can I modify a power g5 case to support my current components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77
CPU
Graphics
Hello,

I recently receive a power mac g5 and Im wondering how I can modify it to support my current components (I have an atx motherboard and power supply, 3570k and r9 270).

Last edited:
Hi! Welcome to this forum!

You will have to spend some time reading other's mods here because there is just too much to explain. And only you know the final result you want to have. You'll need to decide if you want to cut the case or not, if you modify your power supply for the original casing or if you relocate it,if you use the original front panel or not...

Those are just the start, you have a couple of hours of reading here.

@Mcky there will be advantages and disadvantages to both the Laser hive approach and the no cut approach. What I wouldn’t do though is listen to someone who says there’s just one approach to a G5 mod, because evidently they clearly don’t know what they’re talking about. I would take your motherboard and place it in different positions inside the G5 and see which would fit best for you and your hardware and base your decision on what to do after that. I chose not to cut because it works for me, others choose Laser Hives because it works for them. Just please don’t listen to someone who says that one approach is the best approach because it might not work for you!.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back