Contribute
Register

How can I install Snow Leopard from a USB drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Vostro 3350
CPU
i3-2310M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Unibeast doesn't support it. Is there any other way to do this? The PC I want to download it to can't read my OS X disc because it's a DVD and it only supports CDs. It's too old for any newer versions of OS X.

Thank you.

I'm also willing to purchase any earlier versions of OS X, although this site doesn't support anything newer than 10.6.

Unibeast doesn't support it. Is there any other way to do this? The PC I want to download it to can't read my OS X disc because it's a DVD and it only supports CDs. It's too old for any newer versions of OS X.

Thank you.

I'm also willing to purchase any earlier versions of OS X, although this site doesn't support anything newer than 10.6.

This site supports all versions of OS X 10.6.x to 10.11.x.
If you do not have a DVD-RW in your PC, do you have access to a Mac with a superdrive that can read the DVD? A Mac or PC-Mac running OS X with a DVD-RW is required no matter how you create your installer.

This site supports all versions of OS X 10.6.x to 10.11.x.
If you do not have a DVD-RW in your PC, do you have access to a Mac with a superdrive that can read the DVD? A Mac or PC-Mac running OS X with a DVD-RW is required no matter how you create your installer.

Whoops, my bad. I meant to say older than 10.6, not newer. Also, I have iBoot on a CD and then my retail install DVD. I only used a CD so my PC could read the disc, but it turns out that my retail copy is a DVD. I can get iBoot working just fine, now I need a way to boot into the OS X Snow Leopard installer without it being in the CD-ROM drive.

I've considered purchasing Tiger or Leopard to use as my Hackintosh, but I thought I would try harder to get Snow Leopard first and I'm not even sure if those older Operating Systems are on CDs rather than DVDs.

Whoops, my bad. I meant to say older than 10.6, not newer. Also, I have iBoot on a CD and then my retail install DVD. I only used a CD so my PC could read the disc, but it turns out that my retail copy is a DVD. I can get iBoot working just fine, now I need a way to boot into the OS X Snow Leopard installer without it being in the CD-ROM drive.

I've considered purchasing Tiger or Leopard to use as my Hackintosh, but I thought I would try harder to get Snow Leopard first and I'm not even sure if those older Operating Systems are on CDs rather than DVDs.

Tiger and Leopard are PPC hardware only - they will not work on an Intel based machine at all, not even a "real" Mac.

Is there no way you can upgrade your CD-RW to a DVD-RW? Do you have access to a Mac with a supermulti drive in it?

Tiger and Leopard are PPC hardware only - they will not work on an Intel based machine at all, not even a "real" Mac.

Is there no way you can upgrade your CD-RW to a DVD-RW? Do you have access to a Mac with a supermulti drive in it?
I do have access to a Mac with an external supermulti drive. (Sorry for the late response). Can that help?

I do have access to a Mac with an external supermulti drive. (Sorry for the late response). Can that help?
Yes. Burn your iBoot CD with the Mac supermulti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back