Contribute
Register

How can I enable HDMI without losing HDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus RoG Strix Gaming z370e
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi Toleda,

Wonder if you can suggest something that will address this issue.
I have tried the VoodooHDA.kext/VoodooHDAa.kext suggested fixes and neither of them help.
In the case of VoodooDHA - no change at all to my existing Audio and in the case of VoodooHDAa.kext Voodoo basically replaced my HDA altogether! I am posting a screenshot if what I have working and also what happens when I install VoodooHDAa...
Basically I can get HDA but none of the other LineOut options offer any sound at all - useless! I also only have one HDMI connection hooked up at present and am presented with 3 "Generic" HDMI ports via Voodoo?????

I have basically been following other users Installs with similar boards and processors for My Strix/Coffee Lake Rig but although pretty much everything works - HDMI still evades me!

Hope you can help - as ever your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

- I am also posting my EFI file...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35.1 MB · Views: 216
  • With VoodoHDAa.kext.png
    With VoodoHDAa.kext.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Working HDA.png
    Working HDA.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 125
You have too many audio methods.

You have too many audio methods.

Lol - Yep - and going by the 2 reference tutorials I followed... not nearly enough! =D

I knew I had too many and even lost the Voodoo. not sure wht the ALC was there - maybe thats the same codec I'm about to reinstall with Mutlibeats! and I've taken out the HDMI kext for now while I try follow Toledas's steps...

AppleHDA works fine with your motherboard.
Suggestion: remove Voodoo, restore native AppleHDA.kext
Try High Sierra - MultiBeast Audio/8 Series/1150

HDMI: see AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Hi Toleda... I've followed the breadcumbs and messed around in clover myself..... and these are the results (you may wish to update the thread with my findings...

1) I followed the Multibeast method having tried it with both AppleHDA.kexts (vanilla) for 10.13.3 and 10.13.4

What I discovered here is that Multibeast DID patch kextstopatch in clover but does not seem to have installed the kext anywhere... so I manually extracted it myself with Pacifist and added it to clover and rebooted. In all scenarios The System restared with a blank using the RealtekALC.kext plus patches...

I deleted the patches and restored this version of AppleALS.kext to CLover/Kexts/10.13 rebooted and have audio back as expected... Much cleaner and working!!! No patches required

However things are not entirely as before.... I now have 3 entries that just say LineIn and am only getting output from two of these channels....not sure how to fix this yet... Not sure why this is either when it appears as though I have simply replaced thid kext with the original,,,, The original Internal SPeakers now just reads LineIn and no output from it!

Anyhow.... progress up to a point.I'm going to look at HDMI now

Screens attached

Attachments

• Not Working.png
    Not Working.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 80
  • With apple Alc.png
    With apple Alc.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 108
  • with Realtek ALC.png
    with Realtek ALC.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Working.png
    Working.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 90
Bingo! And it was a really simple fix in the end! Got the lot working by just changing one thing in Clover!

I tried the command script first with a Vanilla AppleHDA.kext but had to change the Audio ID from 7 to 1 as 7 was "not supported" Rebooted and nothing doing!

So - I decided to again put back the Virgin HDA Kext, restored AppleALC.kext, HDMIAudio.kext and Lilu (which was already there) but left the Audio ID at 1 instead of 7..... Rebooted and Exeruthing is now as it should be!

This was the only method that seems to work,,,, Problems with Multibeast installer (maybe a bug???) and the RealtekALC didn't seem to take at all anyway (at least not with AUdio ID 7)... The Script failed too

But things now as the should be.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...again! =D

Can I rename intSpeaker somehow.....????

Attachments

• Sweet Smell of Success.png
    Sweet Smell of Success.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 75
the RealtekALC didn't seem to take at all anyway (at least not with AUdio ID 7)... The Script failed too
Neither supports Audio ID: 7
Can I rename intSpeaker somehow.....????
Installed AppleHDA.kext is not native, files missing.
Correct name is Internal Speakers

Installed AppleHDA.kext is not native, files missing.
Correct name is Internal Speakers

The installed kext is pulled directly from Combo update and installed viia kext Utility - not modified! On reboot it appears simply as IntSpeakers.I guess I could have installed directñy with Pacifist too but it does not seem to auto-backup exiisting kext, only replace.

@toleda

I'm confused byu thie
Code:
Motherboard (300/200/x299/x99/Other = n):

MyMobo is a Z370-E - and I am to confirm that it's not a 300 series???? Y is not accepted!

Solved finally with The Kext Method and Audio ID = 1 for the HDA
and the Kext patch method for HDMI,,,,, (much easier to follow this Guide I think and it wokded like a charm!)

Thanks... Only downside though is that Sleep is now broken as a result! Gonna have to go nah Rehabman methinks! ;)
All with Native 10.3.4 AppleHDA.kext

Not sure if there's a bug in clover but this is the same kext I've been using throughout and after a few reboots it came back up as Internal rather than Int and in AUdio Mini entries are in English now instead of mount adresses (if thats what they were)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 2.29.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 2.29.02 AM.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 2.33.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 2.33.59 AM.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back